REMESA Forum

All Categories > Welcome to the REMESA Forum > REPIVET Forum > Food and Mouth Disease in the Region north Africa
Total Posts: 2 - Pages (1): [1]
Author: [email protected]
Posted: 19 Apr 12 - 08:35 AM
Subject: Food and Mouth Disease in the Region north Africa
Hello colleagues

I will like to discuss with you about the Food and mouth disease in the region, particularly in Libya and Egypt.

I will propose to exchange information on vaccination programs and control of movement in the region for instant or any other useful topics.

So far, we know that some countries are using vaccines with certain serotypes others not, some countries have a surveillance programmes, etc...

Nonetheless these some questions I propose for further discusion:

1.Are we ready, prepared..., in north Africa, for a new strain to arrive?

2.Do we have all the measures to prevent this disease to arrive?

3.Do we have an active surveillance ready to detect quickily this disease, a vaccines pools ready?,

4. Are we prepared for a sanitary information policy for borders inspection posts, filed vets groups, stakeholders asociations? etc...

4.Have the field veterinarians and farmers been informed about this diseases, and are they able to recognize it easily? Do the have the tools to take samples easily and fast?

I supouse there many other questions to post and to exchange.

salut
Jorge

REPIVET Coordinator.
Author: [email protected]
Posted: 30 Jun 14 - 07:03 PM
Subject: re: Food and Mouth Disease in the Region north Africa
Dear Jorge,
I notice that you have posted this contribution more than two months ago and, so far, there is no message commenting your post. This appears double strange since: 1) when you belong to an epidemiology network, your top quality should be to share information with the maximum of transparency that you can afford and; 2) FMD has gone (and is may be still going) through a very alarming development in Tunisia. Since 6 June, no information is given on the disease situation! Does it mean the epizootic has been totally controlled (in this case OIE should be notified) or has FMD become a non-subject. Occasionally I read news from Algeria which seem to contradict each other: no FMD, serological evidence, outbreaks at the border with Tunisia. The situation should be clarified and this will help everybody. Regards
Total Posts: 2 - Pages (1): [1]
You must login to post a message to this conference.

Please login or register to post and respond to forum messages.