1. Axelsson, R. 1969a. Summary of laboratory tests with producer gas operation of tractor Massey Ferguson 1100 (in Swedish). Statens Maskinprovningar, Umea, Sweden.
2. Axelsson, R. 1969b. Sweden. Summary of tests with producer gas truck Scania L80 (in Swedish). Statens Maskinprovningar, Umea,
3. Bailey, M.L. 1979. Gas producers for vehicles - An historical review. Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Zealand. Rep. No. CD 2279.
4. Baja, L. 1983. Promotion of producer gas projects in the Philippines. Ibid. p. 519-527.
5. Beagle, E.C. Ricehusk: 1978. Conversion to energy, FAO Agricultural Service Bulletin No. 31, Rome, Italy.
6. Beagle, E.C. 1982. Gasifier-Stirling, an innovative concept, 1st Int. Prod. Gas Conf., Colombo, Sri Lanka.
7. Beenackers, A.A.C.M. and Van Swaaij, W.P.M. 1982. Gasification of biomass, a state-of-the-art review, Press. 1st Eur. Workshop on thermochemical processing of biomass. Birmingham, U.K.
8. Brandini, A. 1983. Experiencias con gasificadores en el Brazil. Manual del curve de gasificación de la madera en Centro America y el Caribe. Pp. 308-320. Olade, Costa Rica.
9. Cañete, N. (Chortitzer Cooperative, Paraguay). 1986. Personal correspondence with FAO.
10. Cruz, I.E. Producer gas from agricultural residue; its production and utilization in internal combustion engines, PNOC-ERDC, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines.
11. Finkbeiner, H. Zeitschrift der Verein Deutsche Ingenieure, Germany. 1935
12. Foley, G. and Barnard, G. 1983. Biomass gasification in developing countries. Earthscan Technical Report No. 1. London, U.K.
13. Gasifier and Equipment Manufacturing Corporation (GEMCOR), 1982. Gasifier Applications, Manila, Philippines.
14. Giffen, E et al. 1946. The conversion of compression ignition engines to producer gas, Engineering, U.K.
15. Gore, W.T. 1981. Priorities in energy research with special assessment of biomass and producer gas. National Timber Research Institute, South Africa.
16. Graf, U. 1983. Strategies for implementing producer gas technology in developing countries - some limiting remarks. Producer Gas 1982, p. 529-545. The Beijer Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.
17. Groeneveld, M.J. Thesis, Twente University of Technology, Enschede, The Netherlands. 1980.
18. Höglund, C. 1981. Agricultural residues as fuel for producer gas generation. The Beijer Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.
19. Jenkins, B.M. 1980. Down-draught gasification characteristics of major California residue-derived fuels, Ph.D. Thesis, Engineering, University of California, Davis, U.S.A.
20. Kaupp, A. and Goss, J.R. 1981. State-of-the-art for small scale (to 50 kW) gas producer engine systems. Contract No. 53-319R0-141. Bioresources for Energy Timber Management Research, USDA, Forest Service.
21. Kaupp, A. 1982. The gasification characteristics of rice hulls for the generation of electricity and shaft power on a small (530 hp) scale, 1st Int. Prod. Gas Conf., Colombo, Sri Lanka.
22. Kissin, I. 1942. Gas producers for motor vehicles and their operation with forest fuels, Imperial Forestry Bureau, Oxford, U.K.
23. Kjellström, B. 1984. Hazards of producer gas operation: The Beijer Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.
24. Kulasinghe, A.N.S. 1983. Experiences with low cost gasifiers in Sri Lanka. Producer Gas 1982, pp. 279-300. The Beijer Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.
25. Kurkela, E. & Nylund, N.O. 1985. Production of wood and peat gas and its use in internal combustion engines (in Finnish), Report of Technical Research Centre of Finland, Espoo, 12 pp.
26. Leuchs, M. 1982. Measurements of a counter-current gasifier in connection with an engine of 125 kW electrical power, M.A.N. Neue Technologie, Munich, Germany.
27. Lindquist, T. 1984. Producer gas operation of vehicles with diesel engines (in Swedish). Statens Maskinprovningar, Umea, Sweden.
28. Mahin, D.B. (USAID) and Terrado E. Personal communication. (World Bank).
29. Mendis, M.S. 1984. UNDP/World Bank Guidelines for field monitoring of biomass gasifiers in developing countries. Proc. of the Conference "Bioenergy 84", Göteborg, Sweden, June 1984. Ed. by Egnerus, H. & Ellegard, A., Elsevier Applied Science Publishers, London, Vol. III. page 135-145.
30. Middleton, F.A. and Bruce, C.S. 1946. Engine tests with producer gas, Journal of Research of the National Bureau of Standards, U.S.A.
31. National Academy Press, Producer gas: Another fuel for motor transport. Washington, D.C., U.S.A. 1983.
32. National Research Council, Producer gas: another fuel for motor transport. Report of an ad hoc panel of the Advisory Committee on Technology Innovation. National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., U.S.A. 1981.
33. Nordstrom, O. 1963. Account of research and testing activities in the producer gas field at the National Swedish Testing Institute for Agricultural Machinery during 1951-1962, carried out for the Swedish Board for Economic Defence (in Swedish). Statens Maskinprovningar, Uppsala, Sweden.
34. Schläpfter, P. and Tobler, J. 1937. Theoretischen und Praktische Untersuchungen uber den Betrieb von Motorfahrzeuge mit Holzgas, Bern.
35. Shilton, P. 1982. Preliminary experience in the operation of a gasogen plant of classical Imbert design using mixed wood/coconut husks as a fuel, 1st Int. Prod. Gas Conf., Colombo, Sri Lanka.
36. Skov, N.A. and Papworth, M.L. 1974. The Pegasus unit. Pegasus publishers Inc. Olympia, Washington, U.S.A.
37. Sonnenberg, R.; Zerbin, W.O. & Krispin, T. 1985. 1.4 and 4.8 MW wood gas power plants in operation. Proceedings of the Third E.C. Conference on "Energy from Biomass", Venice, Italy March 1985, ed. Palz. W.; Coombs, J. & Hall, D.O., Elsevier Applied Science Publishers, London & New York, pp. 1127 - 1121.
38. Spoon, W. 1940. Heutvergassing in de tropen in hot bijzender met het cog op Nederlandseh Indie en Suriname, De Indische Merkuur, Batavia, Indonesia.
39. Stassen, H.E.M. 1980. The gasification by partial combustion project in Tanzania, Twente University of Technology Report, Enschede, The Netherlands.
40. Stassen, H.E.M. and van Swaaij, W.P.M. 1983 Application of biomass gasification in developing countries, 2nd E.C. Conference on "Energy from Biomass", ed. Strub, Chartier, Schloser, Applied Science Publishers, London & New York.
41. Susante, H. et al. 1982. Moving bed gasifier with internal recycling of pyrolisis gas, 1st Int. Prod. Gas Conf., Colombo, Sri Lanka.
42. Tiedema, P., van der Weide, J. and Dekker, H.J. 1983. Converting diesel engines to the use of gaseous fuels. Producer Gas 1982, p. 393-414. The Beijer Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.
43. The Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences. 1979. Generator Gas - The Swedish Experience from 1939-1945. Translated by the Solar Energy Research Institute, U.S.A. SERI/SP-33-140.
44. Van der Aarsen, F.G. et al. 1982. Performance of a rice-husk fluidized bed pilot plant gasifier, 1st Int. Prod. Gas Conf., Colombo, Sri Lanka.
45. Vedgasen. Ett alternative i Frankrike. 1983. Trailer No. 4, p. 34.
46. Venselaar, J. 1982. Design rules for down-draught gasifiers, a short review, IT Bandung, Indonesia.
47. Zhiang Fang. 1983. The progress of research work on gasification of agricultural residues in China. FAO second expert consultation on producer gas development in Asia and the Pacific Region, Bangkok, Thailand. p. 272-95.
48 Zijp, T. and Stassen, H.E.M. 1982. Gasification of maize spills for mechanical energy generation in rural areas in Tanzania. 1st Int. Prod. Gas Conf., Colombo, Sri Lanka
Tipo-lito SAGRAF - Napoli
FAO TECHNICAL PAPERS
FAO FORESTRY PAPERS:
1. Forest utilization contracts on public land, 1977 (E* F* S*)
2. Planning of forest roads and harvesting systems. 1977 (E* F* S*)
3. World list of forestry schools, 1977 (E/F/S*)
3 Rev. 1 - World list of forestry schools, 1981 (E/F/S*)
3 Rev. 2 - World list of forestry schools, 1986 (E/F/S*)
4. World pulp and paper demand, supply and trade
Vol. 1, 1977 (E* F* S*)
Vol. 2, 1978 (E* F* S*)
5. The marketing of tropical wood in South America, 1978 (E S*)
6. National parks planning, 1978 (E* F* S***)
7 Forestry for local community development 1978 (E* F* S*)
8 Establishment techniques for forest plantations, 1978 (Ar*** C* E** F* S*)
9. Wood chips, 1978 (C* E* S*)
10. Assessment of logging costs from forest inventories in the tropics, 1978
1. Principles and methodology (E* F* S*)
2. Data collection and calculations (E* F* S*)
11. Savanna afforestation in Africa, 1978 (E* F*)
12. China: forestry support for agriculture, 1978 (E*)
13. Forest products prices, 1979 (E/F/S*)
14. Mountain forest roads and harvesting, 1979 (E*)
14 Rev. 1 - Logging and transport in steep terrain, 1985 (E*)
15. AGRIS forestry wood catalogue of information and documentation services, 1979 (E/F/S*)
16. China: integrated wood processing industries, 1979 (E* F* S***)
17. Economic analysis of forestry projects, 1979 (E* F* S*)
17. Sup. 1 - Economic analysis of forestry projects: case studies. 1979 (E* S*)
17. Sup. 2 - Economic analysis of forestry projects: readings, 1980 (E*)
18. Forest products prices 1960-1978, 1980 (E/F/S*)
19. Pulping and paper-making properties of fast-growing plantation wood species
Vol. 1. 1980 (E*)
Vol. 2. 1980 (E*)
20/1. Forest tree improvement, 1985 (E* F* S*)
20/2 A guide to forest seed handling, 1985 (E*)
21. Impact on soils of fast-growing species in lowland humid tropics. 1980 (E* F*)
22/1. Forest volume estimation and yield prediction, 1980
Vol. 1 - Volume estimation (E* F* S*)
22/2. Forest volume estimation and yield prediction, 1980
Vol. 2 - Yield prediction (E* F* S*)
23. Forest products prices 1961-1980, 1981 (E/F/S*)
24. Cable logging systems, 1981 (E*)
25. Public forestry administration in Latin America, 1981 (E*)
26. Forestry and rural development, 1981 (E* F* S*)
27. Manual of forest inventory, 1981 (E* F*)
28. Small and medium sawmills in developing countries, 1981 (E* S*)
29. World forest products, demand and supply 1990 and 2000. 1982 (E* F* S*)
30. Tropical forest resources, 1982 (E/F/S*)
31. Appropriate technology in forestry, 1982 (E*)
32. Classification and definitions of forest products, 1982 (Ar/E/F/S*)
33. Logging of mountain forests, 1982 (E*)
34. Fruit-bearing forest trees, 1982 (E* F* S*)
35. Forestry in China, 1982 (E*)
36. Basic technology in forest operations, 1982 (E* F* S*)
37. Conservation and development of tropical forest resources. 1982 (E* F* S*)
38. Forest products prices 1962-1981, 1982 (E/F/S*)
39. Frame saw manual, 1982 (E*)
40. Circular saw manual, 1983 (E*)
41. Simple technologies for charcoal making, 1983 (E* F* S*)
42. Fuelwood supplies in the developing countries, 1983 (Ar* E* F* S*)
43. Forest revenue systems in developing countries, 1983 (E*)
44/1. Food and fruit-bearing forest species, 1983 (E* F*)
44/2. Food and fruit-bearing forest species, 1984 (E* F* S*)
44/3. Food and fruit-bearing forest species, 1986 (E*)
45. Establishing pulp and paper mills, 1983 (E*)
46. Forest products prices 1963-1982, 1983 (E/F/S*)
47. Technical forestry education - design and implementation, 1984 (E*)
48. Land evaluation for forestry, 1984 (E* S*)
49. Wood extraction with oxen and agricultural tractors, 1986 (E* F* S*)
50. Changes in shifting cultivation in Africa, 1984 (E* F*)
50/1. Changes in shifting cultivation in Africa - seven case-studies, 1985 (E*)
51/1. Études sur les volumes et la productivité des peuplements forestiers tropicaux
1: Formations forestières sèches, 1984 (F*)
52/1. Cost estimating in sawmilling industries: guidelines, 1984 (E*)
52/2. Field manual on cost estimation in sawmilling industries, 1985 (E*)
53. Intensive multiple-use forest management in Kerala (India). 1984 (E*)
54. Planificación del desarrollo forestal, 1985 (S*)
55. Intensive multiple-use forest management in the tropics, 1985 (E* F* S*)
56. Breeding poplars for disease resistance, 1985 (E*)
57. Coconut wood, 1985 (E S*)
58. Sawdoctoring manual, 1985 (E*)
59. The ecological effects of eucalyptus, 1985 (E* F* S*)
60. Monitoring and evaluation of participatory forestry projects 1985 (E*)
61. Forest products prices 1965-1984, 1985 (E/F/S*)
62. World list of institutions engaged in forestry and forest products research, 1985 (E/F/S*)
63. Industrial charcoal making, 1985 (E*)
64. Tree growing by rural people, 1985 (E*)
65. Forest legislation in selected African countries, 1986 (E* F*)
66. Forestry extension organization, 1986 (E*)
67. Some medicinal forest plants of Africa and Latin America, 1986 (E*)
68. Appropriate forest industries, 1986 (E*)
69. Management of forest industries, 1986 (E*)
70. Wildland fire management terminology, 1985 (E/F/S*)
71. World compendium of forestry and forest products research institutions, 1986 (E/F/S*)
72. Wood gas as engine fuel, 1986 (E*)
73. Forest products: world outlook projections, 1986 (E/F/S*)
Availability: November 1986
Ar - Arabic
C - Chinese
E - English
F - French
S - Spanish
** Out of print
*** In preparation
The FAO Technical Papers can be purchased locally through the authorized FAO Sales Agents or directly from Distribution and Sales Section, FAO, Via delle Terme di Caracalla, 00100 Rome, Italy.