· Bastidas, E. Gender issues and women's participation in irrigated agriculture: the case of two private irrigation canals in Carchi, Ecuador. (31) International Water Management Institute, November 1999.
· FAO. The State of Food Insecurity in the World. FAO, 2002
· FAO. A synthesis report of the Near East Region - Women, agriculture and rural development. FAO, 1995.
· Golder, Bronwen. Population and gender dynamics in coastal conservation in East Africa. SPC Women in Fisheries Information Bulletin, 11 - Nov. 2002
· Meinzen-Dick, Ruth and Margreet Zwarteveen. Gendered participation in water management: Issues and illustrations from water user's associations in South Asia, Agriculture and Human Values 15 (1998).
· Watts, S, K, Khallaayoune, R. Bensefia, H. Laamrani and B. Gryseels. The study of human behavior and schistosomiasis in an irrigated area in Morocco, Social Science and Medicine 46,6 (1998)
· Webb, Patrick and Maria Iskandarani. Water Insecurity and the poor. Issues and Research Needs. Center for Development Research, Universität Bonn, 1998.