36. The Meeting reviewed the draft agreement for the establishment of a regional fishery body in the South West Indian Ocean (document SAFR/DM/SWIO/00/5). The Meeting made a number of observations which will be taken into account by the Secretariat in the preparation of a draft. This draft will be sent to all participants by the end of February 2000.
37. The Meeting recommended that each potential member of the future body should be represented at the next ad hoc meeting by legal and technical experts.
38. The Meeting expressed its gratitude to the Government of the Republic of Mauritius for its kind hospitality in serving as the host for this ad hoc meeting.
39. The Meeting suggested that the FAO Sub-Regional Office for Southern and Eastern Africa, Harare, host the second ad hoc meeting in the first week of June 2000.
40. This report was adopted by the ad hoc Technical Meeting on 27 January 2000.