Selected programmes in support of women in agriculture, forestry and fisheries
Legal and Policy Reform.
· Establishment of the Law Reform Commission in 1983 which, however, has yet to address the inequalities in succession and inheritance rights.
· Formation of Land Reform Commission which has noted gender inequality in land rights.
· Government legal literacy radio programmes.
· NGO initiatives, including Legal Aid Clinics, legal literacy campaigns and pare-legal training.
Access to Agricultural Resources and Services.
· Many Ministry of Agriculture and donor-funded projects are directed, or have a component, to increase women's access to agricultural resources and services, including animal traction, irrigation, extension, small livestock, and small credit schemes.