1. The Sixty-Sixth Session of the Council was held in Rome from 9 to 20 June 1975, under the Chairmanship of G. Bula Hoyos.
2. The Agenda of the Session as adopted is given in Appendix A to this report. The Council decided to establish a Committee-of-the-Whole to deal with some of the items 2 on the Agenda.
3. The Council elected L.C.J. Martin (U.K.) as First Vice-Chairman and J.S. Camara (Guinea) as Second Vice-Chairman. L.C.J. Martin would also act as Chairman of the Committee-of-the-Whole.
4. The Council elected J.S. Khan (Pakistan) as Chairman of the Drafting Committee of Plenary, and the following as members: Australia, Egypt, France, Indonesia, Mexico and the United States of America.
5. The Council elected the following as members of the Drafting Committee of the Committee-of-the-Whole: Bulgaria, Dahomey, India, Japan, Panama and the United States of America. As requested by the Council, the Committee elected its own Chairman: A. Hakim (India).
6. The Council heard an introductory statement by the Director-General, the text of which is given in Appendix D to this report.
1 CL 66/1, CL 66/1(a)-Rev.1, CL 66/INF/1-Rev.1, CL 66/PV/1.
2 See Appendix A.
3 CL 66/PV/1, CL 66/PV/5.
4 CL 66/INF/5, CL 66/PV/1.