To focus world attention on the role that quinoa´s biodiversity and nutritional value play in food security, nutrition, and poverty eradication, and in support of the achievement of the internationally agreed development goals including the Millennium Development Goals.
- Increase the visibility of the great potential of quinoa to contribute to global food security, especially in countries where the population has no access to other protein sources or where production conditions are limiting.
- Prepare technical and policy frameworks for the conservation and sustainable use of quinoa diversity worldwide.
- Recognize and value the contribution of the indigenous peoples of the Andes as custodians of quinoa who conserve this food for present and future generations.
- Improve international cooperation and partnerships between public, private and non-governmental organizations related to the cultivation of quinoa.
- Appreciate the importance of developing sustainable production systems for quinoa for consumption and food security.
- Awareness of what is quinoa and how it can help alleviate hunger and malnutrition.
- Better understanding of the markets, opportunities, constraints and channels in order to link quinoa, and quinoa producers of indigenous communities to markets and expand existing markets.
- Advance scientific and technical knowledge and information exchange on quinoa.
- Programs and projects to promote the expansion of quinoa beyond the Andes to other countries.