Issue No 8 June 2001
has been compiled by Tina Etherington and Miguel A. Trossero , Wood
and Non-Wood Products Utilization Branch (FOPW) of the FAO Forest Products Division.
· Afforestation of arid wastelands through energy plantations: a case study from India
· IEA Bioenergy
FORESTS BRANCH OFF ... into carbon sequestration and substitution
· Climate change and forestry listserv - CLIM-FO-L
· CLIM-FO-L highlights
· Carbon sequestration in forests - ten most frequently asked questions (continued)
· Estimating GHG emissions reduction of domestic biomass
· Developing synergies between carbon sinks and sustainable development through forest certification
· International Symposium on Carbon Sequestration Measurement and Monitoring in Forest Ecosystems
NEWS AND NOTES
· How many people use fuelwood for cooking?
· FAO and the European Commission (EC)
· Fuel cell technology
· Global review of household energy
· LEAP 2000 · Micropower - Is small beautiful?
· Renewable Energy Development Institute
· Renewable energy information resource tools
· Shell Foundation Sustainable Books for Africa project
· Thomas R. Miles Award
· Transforming biomass to ethanol?
· UN Foundation approves new funding for UN projects
· Unified Wood Energy Terminology (UWET)
· Wood energy textbook
· World Summit on Sustainable Development (Rio+10)
· World Sustainable Energy Day
FOCUS ON ... CUBA
EVENTS OF INTEREST
POINTS OF VIEW