How to join GACSA
GACSA is a voluntary platform open to governments, international and regional organizations, institutions, civil society, farmers’ organizations and businesses who agree with its vision and its Framework Document.
Being a member does not create any binding obligations and members determine their particular voluntary actions according to their needs and priorities.
- Individuals cannot be members, but they can join GACSA’s Action Groups.
- Institutions may also want to join as observers.
- There is no fee for participation.
To become a member or an observer, contact the Facilitation Unit at GACSA-Facilitation-Unit@fao.org
Who are GACSA Members?
As of August 2016, GACSA hosts 144 Members including:
- Governments from developed and developing countries;
- Research and academic institutions;
- Farmer’s organizations;
- Non Governmental Organization’s (NGOs);
- Inter-governmental organizations (IGOs).
Current members can be viewed here
How to become an Observer or learn more about GACSA
Entities may want to become an “Observer” before becoming a full member of GACSA. This allows entities to become acquainted with the work of GACSA before becoming fully committed and engaged.
Interested parties: Individuals who are interested on GACSA can be registered to the general list server to receive all updates as well as contribute to different action groups or on-line knowledge exchange mechanisms.
If you would like to become an observer or receive additional information please write to: GACSA-Facilitation-Unit@fao.org