Information sharing and exchange of data on locust situations, activities undertaken and results obtained are the very first step to develop effective regional cooperation. It is therefore of utmost importance that the technicians involved in locust management, survey and control operations of the different countries meet regularly. This allows dissemination of experience to the mutual benefit of concerned countries, including technical discussions on lessons learnt from last campaigns and preparation of the next one; update and discussion on joint activities and regional projects implementation; information on latest developments on a number of points, such as more environmentally friendly pesticides, updated control techniques, etc.
When are they held in CCA?
Workshops are organized on an annual basis, during autumn. The next one will be:
• Technical Workshop on Locusts in Caucasus and Central Asia (CCA), Tbilisi, Georgia, on 17-21 November 2014.
Over the past five years, the following workshops were held:
• Technical Workshop on Locusts in Caucasus and Central Asia (CCA), 11-15 November 2013, Tashkent, Uzbekistan and immediately before, also the Locust Geographic Information System (GIS) Workshop, 6-8 November 2013.
• Technical Workshop on Locusts in Caucasus and Central Asia (CCA), November 2012, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
• Technical Workshop on Locusts in Caucasus and Central Asia (CCA), October 2011, Tbilisi, Georgia.
• Technical Workshop on Locust Control, October 2010, Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
• Regional Consultation on Locust Management in Caucasus and Central Asia, October 2009, Almaty, Kazakhstan.