Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Nutrition Material development for Agriculture Workers in Ethiopia26/08/2015
- Strengthening institutional capacity for and improving intersectoral collaboration, coordination, and communication for effective prevention and control of rabies in Viet Nam24/08/2015
- Strengthening wildlife farming biosecurity and management in Viet Nam24/08/2015
- Assistance d’urgence pour la protection du bétail touché par la crise au Waziristan du Nord par l’approvisionnement en fournitures vétérinaires et fourrages primordiaux 18/08/2015
- Effective, timely and strategic Food Security and Agriculture Cluster (FSAC) coordination solutions to food insecurity in Afghanistan18/08/2015
Connect with us
Increase food production in DPR of Korea
Increase food production through multiplication of seed potato and improve storage facility
Pyongyang, South Pyongan, North Hwanghae, South Hamgyong and South Hwanghae provinces
To safeguard the lives of food-insecure farming families by increasing potato production, strengthening multiplication of seed potato in net houses and improving storage facilities.
Ministry of Agriculture, the Academy of Agriculture Science, farmers from beneficiary cooperative farms.
Ten beneficiary cooperative farms, comprising about 8 000 farming families, in five provinces.
- Constructed ten net houses for multiplication of seed potato.
- Constructed a seed storage facility on each cooperative farm and delivered a total of 1 200 plastic crates for potato storage.
- Developed guidelines on seed multiplication and provided training on seed multiplication and improved storage on each cooperative farm.
- Farmers on all ten cooperative farms stored seed potato in the new facilities for use during the February/March 2013 planting season.
- One hundred potato technicians, engineers and farm mangers were trained on improved seed storage and seed multiplication techniques.
- Some 1 560 guidelines on seed multiplication were distributed in Korean to potato-producing farms and line ministries, while 53 guidelines were distributed in English to international development partners.
- Potato production and the area of land under potato cultivation are expected to increase, helping to alleviate food shortages during the lean season.