Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
- Drought Recovery Response in Ethiopia14/04/2015
Connect with us
Increase food production in DPR of Korea
Increase food production through multiplication of seed potato and improve storage facility
Pyongyang, South Pyongan, North Hwanghae, South Hamgyong and South Hwanghae provinces
To safeguard the lives of food-insecure farming families by increasing potato production, strengthening multiplication of seed potato in net houses and improving storage facilities.
Ministry of Agriculture, the Academy of Agriculture Science, farmers from beneficiary cooperative farms.
Ten beneficiary cooperative farms, comprising about 8 000 farming families, in five provinces.
- Constructed ten net houses for multiplication of seed potato.
- Constructed a seed storage facility on each cooperative farm and delivered a total of 1 200 plastic crates for potato storage.
- Developed guidelines on seed multiplication and provided training on seed multiplication and improved storage on each cooperative farm.
- Farmers on all ten cooperative farms stored seed potato in the new facilities for use during the February/March 2013 planting season.
- One hundred potato technicians, engineers and farm mangers were trained on improved seed storage and seed multiplication techniques.
- Some 1 560 guidelines on seed multiplication were distributed in Korean to potato-producing farms and line ministries, while 53 guidelines were distributed in English to international development partners.
- Potato production and the area of land under potato cultivation are expected to increase, helping to alleviate food shortages during the lean season.