Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Improve food insecure households' resilience in the eastern region of Burkina Faso27/04/2016
- Appui aux réfugiés maliens dans la région de Tahoua, Niger27/04/2016
- Livelihoods resilience opportunities for conflict-affected rural communities in the Central African Republic27/04/2016
- Réponse d’urgence en appui aux populations rurales en République centrafricaine21/04/2016
- Consolidate and strengthen agriculture and disaster risk management responses to food security and nutrition through resilience building in Mauritania15/04/2016
Connect with us
Emergency support to the reintegration of vulnerable returnee households in Burundi
Emergency support to the reintegration of vulnerable returnee households in the eastern provinces of Burundi to resume farming activities
To contribute to restoring the livelihoods of returnees by helping them resume farming activities, enabling them to reintegrate into a productive socioeconomic system and limiting their dependence on direct food aid.
Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, Provincial Directorates, Burundi Institute of Agronomic Sciences, village committees and local groups/associations.
3 000 vulnerable households
- Distributed 60 kg of vegetable seed, 75 000 kg of bean seed, 1 950 000 strings of sweet potato, 9 tonnes of DAP fertilizer and 6 tonnes of urea fertilizer as well as 6 000 hoes through seed fairs.
- Sensitized input sellers from the seed fairs.
- Trained farmer field school facilitators on nutrition education and good culinary practices, particularly for using soy.
- Resumed agricultural activities and increased beneficiary households’ food security.
- Improved the quality of food products.
- Generated additional income through the sale of surplus vegetable crops.
- Strengthened social cohesion and reduced beneficiary households’ dependence on humanitarian aid.