Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Enhancing the resilience of farmers' livelihoods in the West Bank through improved water availability and management21/04/2017
- Support to agricultural recovery and improvement of food security in the Central African Republic27/03/2017
- Amélioration de la production, de la disponibilité et de l’accès à des aliments nutritifs pour les ménages touchés par la crise en milieu urbain et périurbain au Soudan du Sud13/03/2017
- Réponse d'urgence pour l'amélioration de la sécurité alimentaire et de la nutrition des ménages déplacés, retournés et communautés hôtes10/03/2017
- UN Programme on Ebola Virus Disease Preparedness in Ghana09/03/2017
Connect with us
Emergency support to the reintegration of vulnerable returnee households in Burundi
Emergency support to the reintegration of vulnerable returnee households in the eastern provinces of Burundi to resume farming activities
To contribute to restoring the livelihoods of returnees by helping them resume farming activities, enabling them to reintegrate into a productive socioeconomic system and limiting their dependence on direct food aid.
Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, Provincial Directorates, Burundi Institute of Agronomic Sciences, village committees and local groups/associations.
3 000 vulnerable households
- Distributed 60 kg of vegetable seed, 75 000 kg of bean seed, 1 950 000 strings of sweet potato, 9 tonnes of DAP fertilizer and 6 tonnes of urea fertilizer as well as 6 000 hoes through seed fairs.
- Sensitized input sellers from the seed fairs.
- Trained farmer field school facilitators on nutrition education and good culinary practices, particularly for using soy.
- Resumed agricultural activities and increased beneficiary households’ food security.
- Improved the quality of food products.
- Generated additional income through the sale of surplus vegetable crops.
- Strengthened social cohesion and reduced beneficiary households’ dependence on humanitarian aid.