Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Rétablissement d'urgence de la capacité d'auto prise en charge des populations d'éleveurs déplacées du Mali25/06/2015
- Emergency assistance to address the 2011/2012 severe crop failure 11/06/2015
- Soutien aux moyens d’existence des ménages affectés par la crise alimentaire et nutritionnelle de 2012 en Gambie, à travers le renforcement des capacités de production maraîchère et le soutien à l'élevage 10/06/2015
- Locust crisis in the Sahel05/06/2015
- Building resilient livelihoods in Afar Region01/06/2015
Connect with us
Emergency support to the reintegration of vulnerable returnee households in Burundi
Emergency support to the reintegration of vulnerable returnee households in the eastern provinces of Burundi to resume farming activities
To contribute to restoring the livelihoods of returnees by helping them resume farming activities, enabling them to reintegrate into a productive socioeconomic system and limiting their dependence on direct food aid.
Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, Provincial Directorates, Burundi Institute of Agronomic Sciences, village committees and local groups/associations.
3 000 vulnerable households
- Distributed 60 kg of vegetable seed, 75 000 kg of bean seed, 1 950 000 strings of sweet potato, 9 tonnes of DAP fertilizer and 6 tonnes of urea fertilizer as well as 6 000 hoes through seed fairs.
- Sensitized input sellers from the seed fairs.
- Trained farmer field school facilitators on nutrition education and good culinary practices, particularly for using soy.
- Resumed agricultural activities and increased beneficiary households’ food security.
- Improved the quality of food products.
- Generated additional income through the sale of surplus vegetable crops.
- Strengthened social cohesion and reduced beneficiary households’ dependence on humanitarian aid.