Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Regional initiative in support of vulnerable pastoralists and agropastoralists in the Horn of Africa31/03/2015
- Strengthening the FSL Cluster for food and nutrition security in South Sudan24/03/2015
- Strengthening food security coordination for livelihood response and improving food and nutrition security response in South Sudan23/03/2015
- Improving food and nutrition security through increasing access to crop production inputs, technology and services19/03/2015
- Emergency support to improve food security conditions of vulnerable internally displaced households in the Syrian Arab Republic12/03/2015
Connect with us
Emergency support to the reintegration of vulnerable returnee households in Burundi
Emergency support to the reintegration of vulnerable returnee households in the eastern provinces of Burundi to resume farming activities
To contribute to restoring the livelihoods of returnees by helping them resume farming activities, enabling them to reintegrate into a productive socioeconomic system and limiting their dependence on direct food aid.
Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock, Provincial Directorates, Burundi Institute of Agronomic Sciences, village committees and local groups/associations.
3 000 vulnerable households
- Distributed 60 kg of vegetable seed, 75 000 kg of bean seed, 1 950 000 strings of sweet potato, 9 tonnes of DAP fertilizer and 6 tonnes of urea fertilizer as well as 6 000 hoes through seed fairs.
- Sensitized input sellers from the seed fairs.
- Trained farmer field school facilitators on nutrition education and good culinary practices, particularly for using soy.
- Resumed agricultural activities and increased beneficiary households’ food security.
- Improved the quality of food products.
- Generated additional income through the sale of surplus vegetable crops.
- Strengthened social cohesion and reduced beneficiary households’ dependence on humanitarian aid.