Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
- Drought Recovery Response in Ethiopia14/04/2015
Connect with us
Emergency supply of maize seeds to drought-affected farmers in Tanzania (Phase III)
Emergency supply of maize seeds to drought-affected farmers in Tanzania / Third phase Disaster Response and Preparedness to Drought
To improve the food security of drought-affected farming households in 34 districts in Tanzania.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Food Security and Cooperatives; local government authorities; Adventist Development and Relief; Tanzania Official Seed Certification Institute.
Provided seed to 255 298 households.
- The project distributed seed to 255 298 households; 50 percent of the targeted households were female-headed and 20 percent were child-headed.
- During phase three, 5 000 households in five regions received a vegetable kit and 2 000 beneficiaries received cassava cuttings.
- Trained 42 District and Village Extension Officers on farmer field school methods and conservation agriculture.
- The voucher scheme targeted 1 200 beneficiaries entitled to procure various inputs, ranging from cereal and vegetable seeds to tools and equipment worth TZS 160 000 (approximately USD 100).
- Input trade fairs provided a unique forum for enhancing capacities through information and experience sharing.
- The provision of vegetable seed will boost the nutrition security of beneficiaries, as well as generate a high income for the recipient households.
- Farmer field school training will help to spread good agricultural practices throughout the targeted districts.