Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Improve food insecure households' resilience in the eastern region of Burkina Faso27/04/2016
- Appui aux réfugiés maliens dans la région de Tahoua, Niger27/04/2016
- Livelihoods resilience opportunities for conflict-affected rural communities in the Central African Republic27/04/2016
- Réponse d’urgence en appui aux populations rurales en République centrafricaine21/04/2016
- Consolidate and strengthen agriculture and disaster risk management responses to food security and nutrition through resilience building in Mauritania15/04/2016
Connect with us
Support to the strengthening of the National Early Warning System (EWS) in Senegal
Support to the strengthening of the National Early Warning System (EWS) for Food Security and Nutrition Monitoring in Senegal
To strengthen national and decentralized capacity to monitor the food security and nutrition status of the population.
UN agencies (UN Children’s Fund and the World Food Programme), Executive Secretariat of the National Council for Food Security in Senegal, local and national Government organizations and local NGOs.
1 339 direct beneficiaries and donors, UN partners, NGOs and all users of food security information in Senegal, including vulnerable rural households.
- Participated in a joint FAO-UNICEF-WFP-CNSA field mission, a Comprehensive Food Security and Vulnerability Assessment that included a household survey, a market survey and a livelihood mapping survey.
- Organized and participated in three joint crop assessments, one joint floods impact assessment field mission, one internal evaluation workshop and one external evaluation workshop.
- Supported a document on Early Warning System methodologies.
- Attended 26 National Early Warning System technical committee meetings.
- Participated in nine official advocacy meetings with concerned Ministries to support handover to the Government.
- Supported the 21 Early Warning System bulletins produced during the project for Senegal through information sharing and expertise.
- Trained 1 339 national and decentralized technical service workers on food security basics, Early Warning Systems, data collection and disaster risk management.
- Trained 816 individuals to rapidly collect, analyse and interpret nutrition and food security data, as well as to conduct risk analysis and develop impact scenarios.
- Strengthened the Early Warning System by determining system indicators and refining methodologies and tools.
- Coordinated early warning activities between different technical services at different levels and information flows in a timely and coherent manner.