Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency vaccination and targeted feeding of livestock grazing in areas along the Syria–Lebanon border06/07/2016
- Emergency assistance to restore agricultural-based livelihoods of vulnerable earthquake-affected smallholder farmers in the six most affected districts in Nepal24/06/2016
- Building household resilience through promoting adapted production technologies in livelihoods and natural resources management in Sudan24/06/2016
- Support to the food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural populations in the Central African Republic22/06/2016
- Seeds for peace (South Sudan)22/06/2016
Connect with us
Proyecto de emergencia para la recuperación de la capacidad productiva y medios de vida en El Salvador
Proyecto de emergencia para la recuperación de la capacidad productiva y medios de vida de pequeños agricultores y agricultoras afectados por la depresión tropical 12E
To support families in recovering their productive capacity by providing agricultural tools, which will be used to clear land, irrigation channels, roads, and homes, as well as to sow crops and repair fences.
Ministry of Agriculture and the Centro Nacional de Transferencia de Tecnología Agropecuaria y Forestal.
2 000 families.
- 1 500 families received agricultural tool kits comprised of a hoe with handle, a pike with handle, a triangular file, a 24 machete, a round shovel with short handle, duplex shovel and a pickaxe with handle.
- 500 families received seeds for home gardening that included lima bean, radish and cucumber seeds.
- Cultivated 70 ha of land with the seeds distributed, increasing food availability through the production of 402 000 kg of vegetables with an estimated value of USD 413 502.
- Beneficiary families reactivated the cultivation of their plots and diversified their crop production.
- Generated food for both consumption and sale.
- Repaired roads and rehabilitated irrigation channels at the community level.