Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Rétablissement d'urgence de la capacité d'auto prise en charge des populations d'éleveurs déplacées du Mali25/06/2015
- Emergency assistance to address the 2011/2012 severe crop failure 11/06/2015
- Soutien aux moyens d’existence des ménages affectés par la crise alimentaire et nutritionnelle de 2012 en Gambie, à travers le renforcement des capacités de production maraîchère et le soutien à l'élevage 10/06/2015
- Locust crisis in the Sahel05/06/2015
- Building resilient livelihoods in Afar Region01/06/2015
Connect with us
Support to early recovery needs of conflict- and flood-affected areas in the Philippines
Support to early recovery needs of conflict- and flood-affected areas in Central Mindanao
To improve food security of the most vulnerable internally displaced and flood-affected farm households.
Department of Agriculture Regional Field Unit XII, Local Government Units, Department of Social Welfare and Development, World Food Programme and Bangsamoro Women’s Foundation for Peace and Development Incorporated.
The project benefited 2 650 farm households or 13 250 individuals.
- The project provided planting materials (rice, corn and assorted vegetable seeds), fertilizer and hand tools to 2 650 farm households, or 13 250 individuals.
- 565 beneficiaries completed skills training in sustainable crop production and alternative livelihoods.
- Through the provision of agricultural inputs the project helped conflict- and flood-affected former IDP farming households to restore lost livelihoods and attain food security with higher crop yields during the 2012 dry season.
- Technical skills in sustainable crop production will help beneficiaries to lower costs of external inputs and achieve higher net incomes from vegetable production.
- The alternative livelihood trainings in mushroom propagation, “cornick” (toast corn) preparation, banana chip making and water hyacinth-based handicrafts among others provided 289 women with entrepreneurial skills that will enable them to engage in income-generating activities.