Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Restoring food security of newly displaced persons, returnees and vulnerable host communities in Darfur27/07/2016
- FAO El Niño Response Plan – El Niño early warning and preparedness 2015/1626/07/2016
- Improving hatchery and parent flock management practices in Viet Nam26/07/2016
- Strengthening the role of conservation agriculture in food security disaster risk reduction in Southern Africa19/07/2016
- Restoring the local economy of Kungu, in support of the peace and reconciliation process13/07/2016
Connect with us
Support to early recovery needs of conflict- and flood-affected areas in the Philippines
Support to early recovery needs of conflict- and flood-affected areas in Central Mindanao
To improve food security of the most vulnerable internally displaced and flood-affected farm households.
Department of Agriculture Regional Field Unit XII, Local Government Units, Department of Social Welfare and Development, World Food Programme and Bangsamoro Women’s Foundation for Peace and Development Incorporated.
The project benefited 2 650 farm households or 13 250 individuals.
- The project provided planting materials (rice, corn and assorted vegetable seeds), fertilizer and hand tools to 2 650 farm households, or 13 250 individuals.
- 565 beneficiaries completed skills training in sustainable crop production and alternative livelihoods.
- Through the provision of agricultural inputs the project helped conflict- and flood-affected former IDP farming households to restore lost livelihoods and attain food security with higher crop yields during the 2012 dry season.
- Technical skills in sustainable crop production will help beneficiaries to lower costs of external inputs and achieve higher net incomes from vegetable production.
- The alternative livelihood trainings in mushroom propagation, “cornick” (toast corn) preparation, banana chip making and water hyacinth-based handicrafts among others provided 289 women with entrepreneurial skills that will enable them to engage in income-generating activities.