Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency support to protect agriculture-based livelihoods of vulnerable households in Burkina Faso
- Activités de production alimentaire domestique d'urgence dans les zones urbaines vulnérables et marginalisées dans la bande de Gaza
- Fortalecimiento de la capacidad de recuperación de las poblaciones desplazadas y receptoras de la región de Mopti en Malí
- Projet de relèvement et de relance économique dans la province du Maniema. Projet conjoint PNUD/FAO pour la Stratégie ISSSS, en appui au STAREC
Connect with us
Emergency support to poor families in the Gaza Strip
Emergency support to poor families in the Gaza Strip to restart open field vegetable production
Gaza City, North Gaza, Rafah and Khan Younis governorates of the Gaza Strip.
To enable vulnerable farmers in the Gaza Strip to resume agricultural production through land reclamation and preparation activities.
Job Creation Programme, Palestinian Water Authority, Union of Agriculture Work Committees, Palestinian Agricultural Relief Committees, Hope of Seeds and Khuza Centre.
The project directly benefited 600 poor farming families, consisting of approximately 4 044 individuals.
- Reclaimed agricultural land in Al Zaitoun and Jabalia, including clearing, levelling and the preparation of soil.
- Provided inputs for irrigated vegetable production, including water pipes for drip irrigation networks, organic fertilizer and vegetable seeds and seedlings.
- Provided training to improve farming practices, increase crop diversity and enhance beneficiaries’ water management skills.
- The 600 beneficiary households produced 2 400 metric tonnes of vegetable crops, resulting in revenue of approximately NIS 4 800 000 (NIS 2 per kg), or NIS 8 000 per beneficiary household.
- Vegetable production activities helped to improve household food security status and also to protect the most vulnerable households from adopting negative coping mechanisms such as selling or abandoning productive assets.
- Land reclamation activities helped to protect the area from desertification.
- The project’s land reclamation activities generated work for 35 people, training workers in irrigation installation and basic vegetable production.