Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Restore and strengthen food and nutrition security and build the livelihood resilience of huseholds in the Sudan26/10/2015
- Emergency animal health support for small scale livestock holders affected by the floods in Bosnia and Herzegovina26/10/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d'urgence en faveur de 4 000 ménages en République démocratique du Congo26/10/2015
- Construction of post-harvest storage facilities in northern Uganda20/10/2015
- Support for the recovery of agriculture-based livelihoods of vulnerable farmers affected by 2012 floods in Pakistan20/10/2015
Connect with us
Protection of livelihoods of small ruminant herders in the West Bank and Gaza Strip
Protection of livelihoods of small ruminant herders and promotion of better herd management in the West Bank and Gaza Strip
Jenin, East Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Hebron and the Gaza Strip.
To provide a range of sustainable services and inputs to both small ruminants herders and vulnerable farming households in the WBGS in order to mitigate the impact of severe conditions on their livelihoods.
The Ministry of Agriculture (MoA), Palestinian Livestock Development Center, Young Men's Christian Association, Union of Agricultural Work Committees and Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development.
1 953 households (11 718 individuals).
- Distributed artificial insemination (AI) equipment and relevant training to 178 herder households and milk processing units to 513 households.
- Provided 1 520 tonnes of mixed fodder to 784 households and various fodder production inputs for growing shrubs in MoA nurseries.
- Provided 71 tonnes of drought tolerant cereal and legume seeds to 513 households.
- Provided veterinary kits to 200 livestock-rearing households.
- Rehabilitated/constructed 20 water cisterns for 60 households and provided 50 communal water reservoirs to 163 households.
- Fodder distribution has resulted in improved animal health and productivity.
- AI activities have led to increased livestock reproduction and an over increase in the adoption of AI practice in the project areas.
- Improved access to water improve the economic condition of herder households who no longer needed to by tinkered water.