Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
- Drought Recovery Response in Ethiopia14/04/2015
Connect with us
Support to improve food security and increase resilience to achieve crop diversification and yield improvement in Ethiopia
Support to vulnerable households to improve food security and increase resilience to climatic and food price shocks through the provision of agricultural inputs and technical support to achieve crop diversification and yield improvement in Ethiopia
To measurably improve the food security of farmers through increased crop diversification and provision of appropriate inputs and technologies in four drought-affected regions of Ethiopia.
Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Bureaus of Agriculture, woreda Offices of Agriculture, Self-Help Africa.
17 162 households, 2 247 of which were female-headed.
- Crop intensification: distributed 56.6 tonnes of maize and wheat seeds and 345.6 tonnes of fertilizers to 13 379 households.
- Crop intensification: 284 no-till planters provided to promote conservation agriculture.
- Seed multiplication: provided 12.1 tonnes of maize, wheat and teff seeds and 65.9 tonnes of fertilizers to 1 804 households for seed production
- Seed multiplication: 33 types of seed quality control equipment distributed to five laboratories in the four regions.
- Home gardening: 516 kg of vegetable seeds distributed to 2 040 households, along with farming tools and 24.75 tonnes of fertilizers.
- Public and private nurseries: 6 949 fruit tree seedlings, 1 990 banana suckers, 1 550 kg of mango, avocado and papaya seeds distributed, along with fertilizer.
- Establishment of water harvesting structures: supported 48 farmers to set up in situ water harvesting facilities (e.g. shallow wells, seasonal streams, ponds).
- Training: 336 government experts at all levels and 2 578 farmers participated in technicaltraining, field days and study tours.
- Crop intensification: 6 319.7 tonnes of maize and wheat produced, with an estimated value of USD 1.65 million.
- Seed multiplication: 552.1 tonnes of raw seeds produced (sufficient to meet the needs of almost 50 000 households).
- Home gardening: 823.7 tonnes of vegetables produced.
- Public and private nurseries: 17 ha planted with fruit trees.