Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Support to agricultural recovery and improvement of food security in the Central African Republic27/03/2017
- Amélioration de la production, de la disponibilité et de l’accès à des aliments nutritifs pour les ménages touchés par la crise en milieu urbain et périurbain au Soudan du Sud13/03/2017
- Réponse d'urgence pour l'amélioration de la sécurité alimentaire et de la nutrition des ménages déplacés, retournés et communautés hôtes10/03/2017
- UN Programme on Ebola Virus Disease Preparedness in Ghana09/03/2017
- Amélioration de la nutrition et de la résilience des populations vulnérables au Soudan du Sud08/03/2017
Connect with us
Livelihoods support for internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Kenya
Livelihoods support for internally displaced persons (IDPs) in North Rift Valley and other vulnerable families in northeastern, north and northwestern regions of Kenya
North Rift Valley and Turakana, Fafi and Lagdera districts
To support livelihoods of food insecure vulnerable household in the Rift Valley and northern regions through an integrated response.
Ministry of Agriculture, GOAL, AMIRAN, RIAM RIAM, Fafi Intregrated Development Association and Relief Reconstruction and Development Organization.
19 605 households
- Provided vouchers, allowing 14 285 households beneficiaries to receive enough certified vegetable seeds, fruit seedlings and fertilizers to cultivate at least 1 acre of land.
- Organized seed fairs and sensitized local stockists on certified vegetable seed.
- Rehabilitated five water pans through the provision of cash-for-work schemes, benefiting 5 000 households.
- Set up irrigation systems, distributed 120 drip irrigation kits and trained communities on drip irrigation management.
- Supported 20 community-based animal health workers through the provision of training on animal disease diagnosis and treatment and veterinary toolkits to assist about 200 households.
- Trained IOM staff on the application of GIS and GPS techniques for data acquisition, processing, storage and retrieval.
- The majority of farming households achieved an increase in vegetable production of over 20 percent, compared to long-term average production.
- Increased agricultural productivity.
- Improved water availability for livestock and vegetable production.
- Treated 60 camels and 30 goats against tick-borne diseases and mange.
- 85 percent of project beneficiaries reported improvements in their livelihoods following the implementation of project activities.