Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Household recovery reinforcement and support to Emergency Response Coordination in the Niger
- Support to coordination of food security and agriculture in emergency preparedness and response in Afghanistan
- Programme de réponse rapide et de renforcement de la sécurité alimentaire pour les ménages affectés par les conflits à l’Est de la République démocratique du Congo
- Coordination of food and agricultural disaster risk reduction and management in southern Africa
Connect with us
Livelihoods support for internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Kenya
Livelihoods support for internally displaced persons (IDPs) in North Rift Valley and other vulnerable families in northeastern, north and northwestern regions of Kenya
North Rift Valley and Turakana, Fafi and Lagdera districts
To support livelihoods of food insecure vulnerable household in the Rift Valley and northern regions through an integrated response.
Ministry of Agriculture, GOAL, AMIRAN, RIAM RIAM, Fafi Intregrated Development Association and Relief Reconstruction and Development Organization.
19 605 households
- Provided vouchers, allowing 14 285 households beneficiaries to receive enough certified vegetable seeds, fruit seedlings and fertilizers to cultivate at least 1 acre of land.
- Organized seed fairs and sensitized local stockists on certified vegetable seed.
- Rehabilitated five water pans through the provision of cash-for-work schemes, benefiting 5 000 households.
- Set up irrigation systems, distributed 120 drip irrigation kits and trained communities on drip irrigation management.
- Supported 20 community-based animal health workers through the provision of training on animal disease diagnosis and treatment and veterinary toolkits to assist about 200 households.
- Trained IOM staff on the application of GIS and GPS techniques for data acquisition, processing, storage and retrieval.
- The majority of farming households achieved an increase in vegetable production of over 20 percent, compared to long-term average production.
- Increased agricultural productivity.
- Improved water availability for livestock and vegetable production.
- Treated 60 camels and 30 goats against tick-borne diseases and mange.
- 85 percent of project beneficiaries reported improvements in their livelihoods following the implementation of project activities.