Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency recovery support to restart livelihoods, income generation and food self-sufficiency and to build the resilience of small-scale rice- and corn-based farming communities in Leyte province of Region VIII severely affected by Typhoon Haiyan23/07/2015
- Renforcement de la Résilience des populations vulnérables au Niger22/07/2015
- Agricultural assistance to populations affected by the floods in the prefectures of Dinguiraye, Kankan, Kindia, Siguiri and Tougué16/07/2015
- Intervention d’urgence pour protéger les moyens d’existence vitaux et la sécurité alimentaire des familles d’éleveurs pauvres touchés par la crise et la sécheresse en République arabe syrienne16/07/2015
- Restoring food security and improving income generation through the promotion of livestock and crop production in Central African Republic14/07/2015
Connect with us
Construcción de rondas cortafuegos en bosques latifoliados afectados por el huracán Félix en Nicaragua
Construcción de rondas cortafuegos en bosques latifoliados afectados por el huracán Félix en la RAAN
To strengthen natural barriers in the RAAN in order to prevent the spread of forest fires.
Instituto Nacional Forestal (INAFOR)
60 communities in the Tasba Raya, Llano Sur, Llano Norte and Tasba Pri regions, as well as the municipality of Rosita that was affected by Hurricane Felix.
- Rehabilitated 837 km of forest crossings, roads and firebreaks with road construction machinery (600 km of subsidiary roads or junctions that act as firebreaks and 237 km of tertiary roads or firebreaks).
- Built seven wooden bridges with hard-wood species.
- Built over 100 filters or drains.
- Designed posters on fire prevention.
- Distributed equipment for forest fire prevention and control (solar panels for the guard towers and portable water pumps).
- Procured services for the rehabilitation and maintenance of firebreaks and the construction of filters and wooden bridges.
- Strengthened fire prevention and control system in the RAAN.
- Recovered the firebreak system, subsidiary and tertiary roads and trails in the areas with the highest incidences of forest fires, allowing quicker access for light vehicles to prevent and control forest fires.
- Protected 251 000 ha of coniferous forest.
- Strengthened the local capacity of technicians.
- Improved access between and within communities for the population surrounding the project area.