Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Improve coordination and food security and nutrition for better resilience of vulnerable households in the Niger30/09/2015
- Restore food and nutrition security and build resilience of vulnerable households in Sudan30/09/2015
- Préparation et renforcement des moyens d'existence des ménages vulnérables face aux risques de catastrophes au Niger, Sénégal et Tchad29/09/2015
- Renforcement de la production alimentaire d’urgence de 3 600 ménages d’enfants malnutris en République démocratique du Congo22/09/2015
- Emergency support to promote food security and early recovery to small-scale farmers in the Philippines16/09/2015
Connect with us
Restoration of food security and livelihoods of vulnerable households in Sudan
Restoration of food security and livelihoods of vulnerable households in Darfur region, Sudan
To restore the food security and livelihoods of vulnerable households in the Darfur region of the Sudan.
The state ministries of agriculture and animal resources, and non-governmental organizations.
98 368 households.
- Distributed 248 tonnes of field crops (millet, sorghum and groundnut) to 31 130 households and 3.105 tonnes of assorted vegetable seeds and tools to 13 032 households.
- Vaccinated 511 698 animals, belonging to 34 081 households, against epidemic diseases.
- Provided training to 125 community animal health workers.
- Supported the planting of 190 000 tree seedlings in deforested areas, along roadsides and in residential areas.
- The inputs provided under the project enabled the planting of 25 742 hectares of field crops, producing and estimated yield of 9.411 tonnes of cereal and 726 tonnes of vegetables.
- The project’s vaccination and treatment activities and animal health training reduced the loss of livestock due to epidemic diseases and resulted in more healthy and productive animals.