Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Improving food security in North Gaza through land rehabilitation and open-field vegetable production
- Mejora de los medios de vida de pequeños agricultores en Guatemala
- Supporting sustainable livelihood development for recently resettled war-affected populations in Sri Lanka
- Renforcement des capacités de résilience des populations vulnérabilisées par la crise alimentaire au Burkina Faso
Connect with us
Emergency support to reintegration of returnees, IDPs and vulnerable host communities in Sudan
Emergency support to reintegration of returnees, IDPs and vulnerable host communities in Blue Nile state
To provide humanitarian assistance for the reintegration of returnees, IDPs and crisis-affected vulnerable communities in Blue Nile state; and to enhance the resilience and coping capacities of targeted populations in Blue Nile state through the restocking of small ruminants to support income-generating activities and improve household diets.
State and Federal Ministries of Agriculture and Animal Resources, and local and international NGOs.
26 106 vulnerable households under both projects.
- 51.7 tonnes of crop (maize and sorghum) seeds distributed to 12 300 households, of whom 2 100 also received 4 200 hand tools (hoes and sickles).
- 6 608 households provided with 1 784 kg of various vegetable seeds.
- 75 000 animals belonging to 5 400 households vaccinated against or treated for common livestock diseases or parasites.
- 1 055 fishing families benefited from fishing gear and/or training in net-making, boat building, fish processing and conservation, and fisheries data collection.
- 150 ex-combatants received inputs and training to set up three communal vegetable gardens.
- 90 households provided with inputs and training to start beekeeping activities.
- 168 households, mainly women-headed, received goats to restock their herds and passed on goats’ offspring to a further 300 households.
- 35 community animal health workers (CAHWs) trained and provided with veterinary supplies.
- Over 7 257 ha of land cultivated using the distributed crop and vegetable seeds, yielding 2 104 tonnes of crops and 2 451.7 tonnes of vegetables, with an estimated total market value of nearly USD 1.5 million.
- Livestock vaccination campaign reduced the number of disease outbreaks in the targeted areas and contributed to increased milk and meat production.
- Livestock curative services effectively eliminated parasitic infection among treated animals.
- 20 villages now have access to veterinary services owing to trained CAHWs.
- Sources of income expanded owing to provision of inputs and training for beekeeping and fishing.
- Initial distributed stock of 685 goats for restocking increased to over 1 500 head, increasing milk production and herd sizes in the target areas.