Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Appui à 62 espaces communautaires d’éveil pour l’amélioration de la nutrition et l’autonomisation de leurs comités de soutien
- Support and diversification of livelihood opportunities in urban/peri-urban centres of Puntland
- Strengthening emergency preparedness and response for highly pathogenic avian influenza in Bangladesh
- Strengthening national capacity to respond to highly pathogenic avian influenza in Bangladesh
Connect with us
Emergency assistance for immediate protection of livelihoods and food security in flood affected Pakistan
Emergency assistance for immediate protection of livelihoods and food security through provision of critical livestock inputs in the flood affected areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
To provide assistance to vulnerable livestock farmers in the flood-affected area to protect and restore livestock productivity.
The Ministry of Food and Agriculture and 11 national and international non-government organizations.
39 000 households (312 000 individuals).
- Provision of emergency livestock packages to 39 000 severely floodaffected households, each receiving supplementary animal feed (120 kg); de-wormer tablets (250 mg per bolus) and materials to construct temporary animal shelters (39 000 sets).
- Training for 39 000 beneficiaries (including 8 600 women) on the effective use of project inputs and good livestock production techniques, including a technical handout and tips on keeping animals healthy and productive.
- Livestock survival and productivity safeguarded through the provision of quality inputs.
- Capacity of flood-affected households enhanced through training in appropriate livestock techniques.
- Cost-effectiveness achieved through ensuring productive assets were kept alive, thus avoiding the need for animal restocking/purchase.