Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Appui à la réinsertion des retournés de République Centrafricaine (RCA) et soutien aux communautés hôtes au Tchad-VOLET FAO 23/12/2016
- Protection d’urgence des ressources d’élevage des éleveurs et des agropasteurs affectés par les impacts du phénomène El Niño en Éthiopie22/12/2016
- Resuming agriculture and income opportunities for communities affected by the CAR crisis22/11/2016
- Emergency agricultural input support to vulnerable farmers affected by the crisis in Syria22/11/2016
- Renforcement de la résilience21/11/2016
Connect with us
Emergency assistance for immediate protection of livelihoods and food security in flood affected Pakistan
Emergency assistance for immediate protection of livelihoods and food security through provision of critical livestock inputs in the flood affected areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
To provide assistance to vulnerable livestock farmers in the flood-affected area to protect and restore livestock productivity.
The Ministry of Food and Agriculture and 11 national and international non-government organizations.
39 000 households (312 000 individuals).
- Provision of emergency livestock packages to 39 000 severely floodaffected households, each receiving supplementary animal feed (120 kg); de-wormer tablets (250 mg per bolus) and materials to construct temporary animal shelters (39 000 sets).
- Training for 39 000 beneficiaries (including 8 600 women) on the effective use of project inputs and good livestock production techniques, including a technical handout and tips on keeping animals healthy and productive.
- Livestock survival and productivity safeguarded through the provision of quality inputs.
- Capacity of flood-affected households enhanced through training in appropriate livestock techniques.
- Cost-effectiveness achieved through ensuring productive assets were kept alive, thus avoiding the need for animal restocking/purchase.