Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Improve food insecure households' resilience in the eastern region of Burkina Faso27/04/2016
- Appui aux réfugiés maliens dans la région de Tahoua, Niger27/04/2016
- Livelihoods resilience opportunities for conflict-affected rural communities in the Central African Republic27/04/2016
- Réponse d’urgence en appui aux populations rurales en République centrafricaine21/04/2016
- Consolidate and strengthen agriculture and disaster risk management responses to food security and nutrition through resilience building in Mauritania15/04/2016
Connect with us
Emergency assistance for immediate protection of livelihoods and food security in flood affected Pakistan
Emergency assistance for immediate protection of livelihoods and food security through provision of critical livestock inputs in the flood affected areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
To provide assistance to vulnerable livestock farmers in the flood-affected area to protect and restore livestock productivity.
The Ministry of Food and Agriculture and 11 national and international non-government organizations.
39 000 households (312 000 individuals).
- Provision of emergency livestock packages to 39 000 severely floodaffected households, each receiving supplementary animal feed (120 kg); de-wormer tablets (250 mg per bolus) and materials to construct temporary animal shelters (39 000 sets).
- Training for 39 000 beneficiaries (including 8 600 women) on the effective use of project inputs and good livestock production techniques, including a technical handout and tips on keeping animals healthy and productive.
- Livestock survival and productivity safeguarded through the provision of quality inputs.
- Capacity of flood-affected households enhanced through training in appropriate livestock techniques.
- Cost-effectiveness achieved through ensuring productive assets were kept alive, thus avoiding the need for animal restocking/purchase.