Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Post Ebola livelihood recovery through women association food and income security empowerment24/02/2017
- Jeunesse au travail: réduction de la pauvreté rurale21/02/2017
- Jubbaland and Galmadug fishermen and fleet registration15/02/2017
- Provision of time-critical livelihood-saving support in drought-affected areas of Puntland15/02/2017
- Strengthening local resilience to food insecurity to develop a national early warning system for vulnerable rural families in Bolivia08/02/2017
Connect with us
Emergency assistance for immediate protection of livelihoods and food security in flood affected Pakistan
Emergency assistance for immediate protection of livelihoods and food security through provision of critical livestock inputs in the flood affected areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
To provide assistance to vulnerable livestock farmers in the flood-affected area to protect and restore livestock productivity.
The Ministry of Food and Agriculture and 11 national and international non-government organizations.
39 000 households (312 000 individuals).
- Provision of emergency livestock packages to 39 000 severely floodaffected households, each receiving supplementary animal feed (120 kg); de-wormer tablets (250 mg per bolus) and materials to construct temporary animal shelters (39 000 sets).
- Training for 39 000 beneficiaries (including 8 600 women) on the effective use of project inputs and good livestock production techniques, including a technical handout and tips on keeping animals healthy and productive.
- Livestock survival and productivity safeguarded through the provision of quality inputs.
- Capacity of flood-affected households enhanced through training in appropriate livestock techniques.
- Cost-effectiveness achieved through ensuring productive assets were kept alive, thus avoiding the need for animal restocking/purchase.