Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Appui aux Réfugiés / Retournés et Communautés Hôtes à Diffa, Niger26/05/2015
- Renforcement de la Résilience Communautaire au Niger22/05/2015
- Contribution néerlandaise à la réouverture de l'axe Masisi‒Walikale 19/05/2015
- Appui à la pérennisation de la paix par la promotion de l’emploi des jeunes et des femmes aux Comores19/05/2015
- Renforcement de la résilience des populations vulnérables de la comune de Ouallam12/05/2015
Connect with us
Restoration of food security and agriculture-based livelihoods in the most cyclone Nargis affected areas in Myanmar
Restoration of food security and agriculture-based livelihoods in the most cyclone Nargis affected areas of the Ayeyarwady Delta of Myanmar
Bogale, Labutta, Mawlamyinegyun and Ngapudaw townships.
To restore the crop production and food security of the most vulnerable farmers and landless households in cyclone-affected areas and to rebuild their livelihoods in a sustainable manner in order to reduce dependency on food aid.
The Myanmar Agriculture Service, Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation, the Livestock Breeding and Veterinary Department, Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries and various non-governmental organizations.
17 204 households.
- Distributed 42 tonnes of paddy seeds, 16 tonnes of pulse seeds, 200 tonnes of fertilizers (mineral and organic), 1 000 kits of fruit tree seedlings, 1 120 draught animals (buffalo) with 33.6 tonnes of feed, 1 600 piglets with 24 tonnes of feed, 15 000 ducks, 10 000 chickens with 63 tonnes of feed, 242 sets of tillage equipment and 93 threshers.
- Established 176 machinery shared-use groups comprised of 2 275 farmers.
- Promoted three mobiles clinics that vaccinated over 7 600 buffaloes, 5 100 pigs and 41 700 poultry, and treated another 15 000 animals.
- Provided training in group management, machinery maintenance, minimum tillage, crop cycle management and draught animal care and health to over 9500 beneficiaries.
- The distribution of inputs and provision of training enabled the project’s beneficiaries to produce 890 tonnes of paddy on 1 000 acres and 32 tonnes of pulses on 1 000 acres.
- The provision of machinery and draught animals enabled the tillage and timely land preparation of 12 100 acres by power-tiller and 8 960 acres by buffaloes.
- The provision of piglets enabled beneficiaries to generate additional income through the sale of pigs and have greater access to meat for consumption.