Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Improving food security in North Gaza through land rehabilitation and open-field vegetable production
- Mejora de los medios de vida de pequeños agricultores en Guatemala
- Supporting sustainable livelihood development for recently resettled war-affected populations in Sri Lanka
- Renforcement des capacités de résilience des populations vulnérabilisées par la crise alimentaire au Burkina Faso
Connect with us
Emergency support to vulnerable, food insecure farming families affected by high food prices and drought in Afghanistan
Emergency support to vulnerable, food insecure farming families in Nangarhar, Kunar, Ghor, Badakhshan and Daikundi provinces affected by high food prices and drought through provision of quality wheat seed and fertilizer for autumn 2010 planting season
Nangarhar, Kunar, Ghor, Badakhshan and Daikundi provinces
To support vulnerable farmers affected by high food prices and drought through the provision of quality wheat seed and fertilizer for the autumn 2010 planting season in Nangarhar, Kunar, Ghor, Badakhshan and Daikundi provinces.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, Provincial Department of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (DAIL), Afghan National Seed Association, and various local and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
14 386 households.
- Procured and distributed 720 tonnes of certified wheat seed, 720 tonnes of di-ammonium phosphate and 1 440 tonnes of Urea fertilizers to 14 386 farming families for the autumn 2010 planting season.
- Conducted four training workshops for extension workers from DAIL and partner NGOs on various topics related to wheat production and crop management.
- The inputs provided under the project enabled beneficiaries to cultivate 5 755 ha of irrigated land, which is expected to yield 18 400 tonnes of grain in the coming harvest.
- Training activities carried out under the project improved the capacity of national staff in overall wheat production extension support.