Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Appui à la réinsertion des retournés de République Centrafricaine (RCA) et soutien aux communautés hôtes au Tchad-VOLET FAO 23/12/2016
- Protection d’urgence des ressources d’élevage des éleveurs et des agropasteurs affectés par les impacts du phénomène El Niño en Éthiopie22/12/2016
- Resuming agriculture and income opportunities for communities affected by the CAR crisis22/11/2016
- Emergency agricultural input support to vulnerable farmers affected by the crisis in Syria22/11/2016
- Renforcement de la résilience21/11/2016
Connect with us
Emergency Rehabilitation of Agricultural Production in Haiti after the Earthquake in Haiti
Emergency Rehabilitation of Agricultural Production in Haiti after the Earthquake in the Imminence of the Hurricane Season
To contribute to enhance food self-sufficiency for the population affected by the 12 January 2010 earthquake.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Rural Development, National Coordination for Food Security, World Food Programme, Centre national de sécurité alimentaire and Groupements de Production Artisanale de semences and local farmers’ and women’s organizations.
83 555 households (approximately 417 775 individuals).
- Distributed 512 tonnes of beans, 500 tonnes of maize, 15 tonnes of cowpea and 9 365 tools to over 83 555 households.
- Supported the storage of 200 tonnes of maize and 121.35 tonnes of beans were in four strategic locations in the Sud, Centre, Ouest and Nippes departments in preparation for the hurricane season.
- The inputs provided under the project were estimated at having enabled the planting of an estimated 10 833 ha of crops, resulting in the production of 8 167 tonnes of beans, 36 000 tonnes of maize and 240 tonnes of cowpea. This has ensured the self sufficient food production of 83 555 households for three to four months.
- Owing to the maize and bean stocks, FAO and Government partners were prepared and reacted immediately after the passage of Hurricane Tomas, on 4-5 November 2010.