Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Improve food insecure households' resilience in the eastern region of Burkina Faso27/04/2016
- Appui aux réfugiés maliens dans la région de Tahoua, Niger27/04/2016
- Livelihoods resilience opportunities for conflict-affected rural communities in the Central African Republic27/04/2016
- Réponse d’urgence en appui aux populations rurales en République centrafricaine21/04/2016
- Consolidate and strengthen agriculture and disaster risk management responses to food security and nutrition through resilience building in Mauritania15/04/2016
Connect with us
Support to the control of contagious bovine pleuropneumonia (CBPP) in Uganda
Support to the control of contagious bovine pleuropneumonia (CBPP) in Karamoja ecosystem
To protect one of the most important sources of livelihoods and income in the Karamoja.
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, District Veterinary Offices, local and international Non-governmental Organizations.
6 600 households.
- Distributed 536 000 doses of peste des petits ruminants (PPR) vaccine and vaccinated 60 000 cattle against CBPP.
- Trained 50 community animal health workers on key concepts related to livestock production, animal health, disease surveillance and management as well as vaccine and veterinary treatment against transboundary animal diseases.
- Supported a veterinary treatment campaign (de-worming, tick spraying and provision of multivitamins) carried out on a total of 577 389 goats and sheep as well as 305 765 cattle.
- Contributed to the procurement of veterinary equipment, including syringes, fly repellent and cold chain equipment.
- Assisted in a multi-donor intervention aimed at vaccinating a total of 2 400 000 sheep and goats as well as 1 245 000 cattle.
- Decreased the prevalence rates of PPR and CBPP in the region.
- Raised awareness on PPR and CBPP symptoms and prevention mechanisms.
- Strengthened the capacity of the Government in sero-monitoring and disease surveillance.
- Increased livestock productivity, health and survival rate.
- Improved the overall food security situation in the region.