Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Regional initiative in support of vulnerable pastoralists and agropastoralists in the Horn of Africa31/03/2015
- Strengthening the FSL Cluster for food and nutrition security in South Sudan24/03/2015
- Strengthening food security coordination for livelihood response and improving food and nutrition security response in South Sudan23/03/2015
- Improving food and nutrition security through increasing access to crop production inputs, technology and services19/03/2015
- Emergency support to improve food security conditions of vulnerable internally displaced households in the Syrian Arab Republic12/03/2015
Connect with us
Assistance through the provision of agricultural inputs and technical support to returnee households and their host communities in Burundi
Assistance to the restoration of food security and livelihoods through the provision of agricultural inputs and technical support to returnee households and their host communities in eastern provinces of Burundi
To assist about 30 000 food-insecure households, in particular returnees, through the provision of agricultural inputs and equipment, combined with the setting up of income-generating activities.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock and its technical services, local and international non governmental organizations as well as the beneficiary rural communities.
More than 90 000 vulnerable households.
- Distribution of 1 000 000 cassava cuttings, 8 000 000 sweet potato cuttings, 161 500 fruit tree seedlings (papaya, citrus, avocado, Japanese plum, passion fruit and guava).
- Distribution of 1 800 kg of market garden seed, 93 tonnes of seed potatoes, 290.55 tonnes of bean seed, 12 tonnes of groundnut seed, 4 tonnes of soybean seewwwd, 2 tonnes of sunflower seed.
- Distribution of 7 000 watering cans, 1 500 manual sprayers, 3 750 wheelbarrows, 100 kg of fertilizer, 50 mills and 20 hullers.
- Distribution of 1 500 goats, 4 900 laying hens, 56.59 tonnes of chicken feed and 700 feeding troughs.
- Construction of 93 m² of storage facilities and a drying area of 45 m².
- Organization of training in production and conservation techniques of cereal and vegetable seeds, management of community storage facilities and livestock production techniques.
- Production of 23 617.5 tonnes of foodstuffs for a total value of USD 12 009 145, leading to a reduction in the dependence of vulnerable households on national food aid and therefore in community tensions.
- Dietary diversification and improvement in the nutritional quality of the daily food intake.
- Improvement in household incomes owing to income-generating activities.
- Capacity-building of 960 people.
- Better integration of returned/repatriated people into their communities.
- Strengthening of social bonds.