Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Projet pilote de protection et de restauration durable des moyens productifs des éleveurs et maraîchers du Sila, par la structuration, l’amélioration de la santé animale et l’association agriculture-élevage25/03/2016
- Rétablissement d'urgence de la capacité d'auto-prise en charge des populations déplacées du Mali25/03/2016
- Strengthening the food security coordination and building the resilience of agropastoral communities in Chad23/03/2016
- Assistance through FAO for the control of rabies in Indonesia23/03/2016
- Assistance to strengthen emergency preparedness for highly pathogenic avian influenza in India22/03/2016
Connect with us
Emergency assistance to support the livestock-based livelihood system of the most vulnerable herder families in Mongolia
Emergency assistance to support the livestock-based livelihood system of the most vulnerable Dzudaffected herder families in Mongolia
To immediately protect, rehabilitate and restore livestock production capacity, food security and income generation for vulnerable small-scale herder households in three dzud-affected provinces (Arkhangai, Ovorkhangai and Dundgobi) of Mongolia.
The Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry, National Emergency Management Agency, Rural Investment Support Centre and local government officials.
1 419 households (approximately 8 514 people).
- Procured and distributed 1 248 tonnes of pelleted concentrated animal feed, 7 095 kg of milk powder and 1 419 packages composed of antiparasite and multivitamin injections and the necessary needles and syringes to 1 419 households.
- Produced and distributed a technical advisory information note/letter advising the beneficiaries on the most appropriate uses of the various inputs provided under the project.
- As a result of the delivery and proper utilization of project inputs, the beneficiary households were able to achieve an average survival rate of 89.6 percent among their adult animals.