Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Household recovery reinforcement and support to Emergency Response Coordination in the Niger
- Support to coordination of food security and agriculture in emergency preparedness and response in Afghanistan
- Programme de réponse rapide et de renforcement de la sécurité alimentaire pour les ménages affectés par les conflits à l’Est de la République démocratique du Congo
- Coordination of food and agricultural disaster risk reduction and management in southern Africa
Connect with us
Emergency assistance to support the livestock-based livelihood system of the most vulnerable herder families in Mongolia
Emergency assistance to support the livestock-based livelihood system of the most vulnerable Dzudaffected herder families in Mongolia
To immediately protect, rehabilitate and restore livestock production capacity, food security and income generation for vulnerable small-scale herder households in three dzud-affected provinces (Arkhangai, Ovorkhangai and Dundgobi) of Mongolia.
The Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Light Industry, National Emergency Management Agency, Rural Investment Support Centre and local government officials.
1 419 households (approximately 8 514 people).
- Procured and distributed 1 248 tonnes of pelleted concentrated animal feed, 7 095 kg of milk powder and 1 419 packages composed of antiparasite and multivitamin injections and the necessary needles and syringes to 1 419 households.
- Produced and distributed a technical advisory information note/letter advising the beneficiaries on the most appropriate uses of the various inputs provided under the project.
- As a result of the delivery and proper utilization of project inputs, the beneficiary households were able to achieve an average survival rate of 89.6 percent among their adult animals.