Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency recovery support to restart livelihoods, income generation and food self-sufficiency and to build the resilience of small-scale rice- and corn-based farming communities in Leyte province of Region VIII severely affected by Typhoon Haiyan23/07/2015
- Renforcement de la Résilience des populations vulnérables au Niger22/07/2015
- Agricultural assistance to populations affected by the floods in the prefectures of Dinguiraye, Kankan, Kindia, Siguiri and Tougué16/07/2015
- Intervention d’urgence pour protéger les moyens d’existence vitaux et la sécurité alimentaire des familles d’éleveurs pauvres touchés par la crise et la sécheresse en République arabe syrienne16/07/2015
- Restoring food security and improving income generation through the promotion of livestock and crop production in Central African Republic14/07/2015
Connect with us
Restoring and improving food and livelihoods security of the drought- and conflict-affected households in Sudan
Restoring and improving food and livelihoods security of the drought- and conflict-affected households (internally displaced persons, refugees, returnees and host communities) in Darfur
To improve the food security and self-reliance of 26 000 households in Darfur by improving agriculture and livestock production as well as natural resources management.
State Ministries of Animal Resources, State Ministries of Agriculture and local and international NGOs.
Farmers, livestock keepers, community animal health workers, agricultural extension assistants and village agricultural committee members.
- Provided 6 900 drought- and flood-affected households with assorted vegetable and legume seed, planting hoes, donkey ploughs and treadle pumps, as well as training on agricultural practices and water harvesting techniques for improved winter season vegetable production.
- Strengthened local seed systems in five villages in South Darfur State.
- Vaccinated and treated 727 302 animals belonging to 36 943 households, and provided 1 643 households with high quality supplemental concentrated feed for their core breeding stock.
- Rehabilitated five water points and 400 ha of pasture land and constructed fire lines.
- Trained community animal health workers, agricultural extension assistants, village agricultural committee members and farmers.
- Many farmers reported having cultivated more land and expecting increased yields thanks in part to the high quality seed, tools and small-scale irrigation equipment provided by the project.
- Strengthened seed systems improved the seed security of 800 war- and drought-affected farmers and ensured strategic reserves of high quality seed at village level.
- Beneficiaries of the veterinary services reported a substantial decrease in mortality and morbidity rates and a general reduction in disease outbreaks in their areas.
- Support provided in water harvesting, animal feed, pasture protection and rehabilitation helped beneficiaries protect their assets and increase productivity, thereby improving their food and livelihoods security.