Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
- Drought Recovery Response in Ethiopia14/04/2015
Connect with us
Immediate support to agricultural production and food security of earthquake-affected families following the 2010 earthquake in Haiti
Immediate support to agricultural production and food security of earthquake-affected families, displaced families and hosting communities following the 2010 earthquake in the southern departments
To support the Government of Haiti in its efforts to rehabilitate the food production capacity of the most vulnerable rural families affected by the earthquake and the hosting communities.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Natural Resources and Rural Development, the World Food Programme, local and international non-governmental organizations.
Over 30 000 individuals (about 6 000 households) from which 13 400 women.
- Distribution of 150 kg of Habanero chilli, 10 tonnes of black beans seeds, 40 tonnes of maize seeds, 160 kg of eggplant seeds, 6 tonnes of cowpea seeds as well as 4 000 billhooks, 1 850 pickaxes and 6 000 rakes.
- Sowing of 167 ha of beans, 1 600 ha of maize, 120 ha of cowpeas and 155 ha of vegetables.
- Production of an estimated 166 tonnes of beans, 2 880 tonnes of maize, 108 tonnes of cowpeas and 543 tonnes of vegetables.
- Food security of vulnerable families improved.
- Sustainable production enhanced and need for direct food aid reduced.
- Diversification of diet and creation of new income-generating activities.
- Production of good quality seeds for the upcoming agricultural seasons.
- Environmental degradation reduced.