Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency vaccination and targeted feeding of livestock grazing in areas along the Syria–Lebanon border06/07/2016
- Emergency assistance to restore agricultural-based livelihoods of vulnerable earthquake-affected smallholder farmers in the six most affected districts in Nepal24/06/2016
- Building household resilience through promoting adapted production technologies in livelihoods and natural resources management in Sudan24/06/2016
- Support to the food security and nutrition of vulnerable rural populations in the Central African Republic22/06/2016
- Seeds for peace (South Sudan)22/06/2016
Connect with us
Emergency support to improve food security of vulnerable farming families in the DR of Korea
Emergency support to improve food security of vulnerable farming families during the main cropping season 2013
Provinces of North and South Hwanghae and North and South Pyongan and cities of Nampo and Pyongyang.
To safeguard the lives and livelihoods of food-insecure farming families in cooperative farms by increasing paddy rice and maize production.
Ministry of Agriculture
106 cooperative farms (30 814 households or 123 256 people)
- Procured and distributed 9 182 rolls of plastic sheets (500 m2 per roll) to 106 cooperative farms in 66 counties, benefiting 30 814 households (123 256 people).
- Conducted field missions to monitor delivery of the plastic sheets (April-May 2013) and determine yield following the harvest (September-October 2013).
- Average yield of paddy rice and maize increased by 900 kg/ha and 700 kg/ha (respectively) from 2012, resulting in a total yield of 5.7 tonnes/ha for paddy rice and 4.5 tonnes/ha for maize.
- Increased food availability and household-level food and nutrition security in project areas through increased paddy rice and maize production.