Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Post Ebola livelihood recovery through women association food and income security empowerment24/02/2017
- Jeunesse au travail: réduction de la pauvreté rurale21/02/2017
- Jubbaland and Galmadug fishermen and fleet registration15/02/2017
- Provision of time-critical livelihood-saving support in drought-affected areas of Puntland15/02/2017
- Strengthening local resilience to food insecurity to develop a national early warning system for vulnerable rural families in Bolivia08/02/2017
Connect with us
Emergency support to improve food security of vulnerable farming families in the DR of Korea
Emergency support to improve food security of vulnerable farming families during the main cropping season 2013
Provinces of North and South Hwanghae and North and South Pyongan and cities of Nampo and Pyongyang.
To safeguard the lives and livelihoods of food-insecure farming families in cooperative farms by increasing paddy rice and maize production.
Ministry of Agriculture
106 cooperative farms (30 814 households or 123 256 people)
- Procured and distributed 9 182 rolls of plastic sheets (500 m2 per roll) to 106 cooperative farms in 66 counties, benefiting 30 814 households (123 256 people).
- Conducted field missions to monitor delivery of the plastic sheets (April-May 2013) and determine yield following the harvest (September-October 2013).
- Average yield of paddy rice and maize increased by 900 kg/ha and 700 kg/ha (respectively) from 2012, resulting in a total yield of 5.7 tonnes/ha for paddy rice and 4.5 tonnes/ha for maize.
- Increased food availability and household-level food and nutrition security in project areas through increased paddy rice and maize production.