Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Improve food insecure households' resilience in the eastern region of Burkina Faso27/04/2016
- Appui aux réfugiés maliens dans la région de Tahoua, Niger27/04/2016
- Livelihoods resilience opportunities for conflict-affected rural communities in the Central African Republic27/04/2016
- Réponse d’urgence en appui aux populations rurales en République centrafricaine21/04/2016
- Consolidate and strengthen agriculture and disaster risk management responses to food security and nutrition through resilience building in Mauritania15/04/2016
Connect with us
Emergency support to improve food security of vulnerable farming families in the DR of Korea
Emergency support to improve food security of vulnerable farming families during the main cropping season 2013
Provinces of North and South Hwanghae and North and South Pyongan and cities of Nampo and Pyongyang.
To safeguard the lives and livelihoods of food-insecure farming families in cooperative farms by increasing paddy rice and maize production.
Ministry of Agriculture
106 cooperative farms (30 814 households or 123 256 people)
- Procured and distributed 9 182 rolls of plastic sheets (500 m2 per roll) to 106 cooperative farms in 66 counties, benefiting 30 814 households (123 256 people).
- Conducted field missions to monitor delivery of the plastic sheets (April-May 2013) and determine yield following the harvest (September-October 2013).
- Average yield of paddy rice and maize increased by 900 kg/ha and 700 kg/ha (respectively) from 2012, resulting in a total yield of 5.7 tonnes/ha for paddy rice and 4.5 tonnes/ha for maize.
- Increased food availability and household-level food and nutrition security in project areas through increased paddy rice and maize production.