Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Restoring food security of newly displaced persons, returnees and vulnerable host communities in Darfur27/07/2016
- FAO El Niño Response Plan – El Niño early warning and preparedness 2015/1626/07/2016
- Improving hatchery and parent flock management practices in Viet Nam26/07/2016
- Strengthening the role of conservation agriculture in food security disaster risk reduction in Southern Africa19/07/2016
- Restoring the local economy of Kungu, in support of the peace and reconciliation process13/07/2016
Connect with us
Emergency support to improve food security of vulnerable farming families in the DR of Korea
Emergency support to improve food security of vulnerable farming families during the main cropping season 2013
Provinces of North and South Hwanghae and North and South Pyongan and cities of Nampo and Pyongyang.
To safeguard the lives and livelihoods of food-insecure farming families in cooperative farms by increasing paddy rice and maize production.
Ministry of Agriculture
106 cooperative farms (30 814 households or 123 256 people)
- Procured and distributed 9 182 rolls of plastic sheets (500 m2 per roll) to 106 cooperative farms in 66 counties, benefiting 30 814 households (123 256 people).
- Conducted field missions to monitor delivery of the plastic sheets (April-May 2013) and determine yield following the harvest (September-October 2013).
- Average yield of paddy rice and maize increased by 900 kg/ha and 700 kg/ha (respectively) from 2012, resulting in a total yield of 5.7 tonnes/ha for paddy rice and 4.5 tonnes/ha for maize.
- Increased food availability and household-level food and nutrition security in project areas through increased paddy rice and maize production.