- 15/09/2014 - Norway has donated approximately $10 million to help FAO provide conflict-affected farmers, fishers and herders in South Sudan with critical livelihood support.
Norway’s gift will allow FAO to distribute emergency livelihood kits – including crop seeds, ...read more
- 05/06/2013 - FAO Office for West Bank and Gaza Strip and the Animal Production and Health Division joined efforts for the organization of two 3-day Training courses on Livestock Emergency Guidelines and ...read more
- 04/06/2013 - FAO has joined the call for urgent action to prevent the spread of Cassava Brown Streak Disease (CBSD) and Cassava Mosaic Disease (CMD) in Africa. The two diseases, both transmitted ...read more
- 03/06/2013 - Around 50 representatives from participating countries and partners, including the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP), gathered in Dakar, Senegal in ...read more
- 30/05/2013 - Belgium has announced its full support of the renewed FAO Strategic Framework through direct funding to the FAO budget. Belgium will donate €9.2 million over the three-year period 2013-2015 towards ...read more
- 29/05/2013 - Eight hours from Quibdó you find Cocalito, a small village located in the Alto Baudó by the Ancozó River shore, that is inhabited by an Embera’s indigenous community. Life is ...read more
- 27/05/2013 - In recent years, floods, landslides, droughts and hurricanes have crippled agricultural production in the Caribbean, where agriculture is the main livelihood activity for a significant number of people. To strengthen ...read more
- 24/05/2013 - They say information is power; in South Sudan, information is life.
Today, FAO launched a $9 million project on information for decision making for food and nutrition security. This initiative will ...read more
- 17/05/2013 - The up-scaling of Conservation Agriculture (CA) in Lesotho has recently taken a step forward. The Honourable Minister of Agriculture and Food Security, Litsoane Litsoane, launched the CA up scaling strategy ...read more
- 17/05/2013 - Support still needed for livelihoods at risk
Successive above-average rainfall seasons in pastoral and agropastoral areas of Kenya have led to improvements in crop and livestock production. Meanwhile, the continued implementation ...read more
- 16/05/2013 - The Integrated Food Security Project (IFSP) in Sudan has achieved several recent milestones in its first four months of implementation. The USD 10 million project is funded by the Canadian ...read more