- 05/10/2015 - FAO’s rapid response operation in conflict-torn South Sudan has delivered livelihood assistance to 60,000 food-insecure households in hard-to-reach areas of northern Jonglei, Unity and Upper Nile States, where food stocks ...read more
- 23/07/2014 - Typhoon Haiyan last November severely damaged the agriculture sector, which provides 40.5 percent of national employment for men and 21.8 percent for women in the Philippines. Especially crop production was ...read more
- 21/07/2014 - Increased efforts are needed to improve awareness among rural communities in West Africa about the risks of contracting the Ebola virus from eating certain wildlife species including fruit bats, FAO ...read more
- 14/07/2014 - In the period April to June 2014, 260 teachers from primary and secondary schools from all ten districts of Lesotho participated in training on Conservation Agriculture (CA) and Armyworm awareness.
CA ...read more
- 07/07/2014 - Somalia’s food security crisis is expected to worsen over the next several months following poor performance of the major rainy season (Gu), shrinking humanitarian assistance and access, increasing malnutrition, conflict ...read more
- 01/07/2014 - Three United Nations emergency directors have called for more sustained funding for Somalia nearly three year after the worst famine hit the Horn of Africa nation.
The emergency heads include Dominique ...read more
- 30/06/2014 - In response to the 2012 food insecurity crisis in Lesotho, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (MAFS) designed ...read more
- 26/06/2014 - Iraq is facing serious food security concerns following the recent escalation of conflict in a large swath of the country, FAO warned today. Over 1 million people so far have ...read more