- 20/08/2012 - FAO assistance in Africa's Sahel region, struck by droughts in four of the past five years, is aimed at helping vulnerable people get through the current lean season and give ...read more
- 02/08/2012 - Close to three million people are in need of food, crops and livestock assistance, according to a recent assessment carried out by the United Nations and the Syrian government.
Of this ...read more
- 30/07/2012 - Calls for partnership in essential areas of policy research and social inclusion - FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva challenged academics to get involved in essential and politically important research into ...read more
- 20/07/2012 - FAO chief addresses summit of Portugese-speaking countries in Maputo - Portuguese-speaking countries have found the right approach to tackling the hunger problem - by a combined effort of governments, civil society ...read more
- 20/07/2012 - The long road to drought resilience - Exactly a year ago today, the United Nations announced a state of famine in southern Somalia. The six-month crisis caused thousands of deaths and ...read more
- 17/07/2012 - FAO acts to stop spread of disease that has killed 75 000 goats and threatens neighbouring countries - FAO is mobilizing emergency support for the Democratic Republic of the Congo ...read more
- 15/07/2012 - An estimated 70% of Lesotho’s population is dependent on rain-fed agriculture for their livelihoods, meaning that most people are vulnerable to climate change. This is made because only 9% of ...read more