- 08/02/2013 - The majority of households in Choma district, located in the Southern Province of Zambia, depend on rainfed, agricultural-related activities for their livelihoods. That is why when the rains start, usually ...read more
- 29/01/2013 - The world risks a repeat of the disastrous 2006 bird flu outbreaks unless surveillance and control of this and other dangerous animal diseases is strengthened globally, FAO warns.
"The continuing international ...read more
- 23/01/2013 - Twenty-two months of conflict has left Syria's agricultural sector in tatters with cereal, fruit and vegetable production dropping for some by half and massive destruction of irrigation and other infrastructure, ...read more
- 15/01/2013 - FAO and France join efforts to improve farmers’ livelihoods - A new programme in the Republic of South Sudan is helping vulnerable farmers to improve their livelihoods by boosting the ...read more
- 20/12/2012 - In a field in North Darfur, farmer Salaheldin Suleiman Hilal looks pleased. He's finished harvesting his golden sorghum crop and unlike previous years he lost none to grazing animals."In the ...read more
- 29/11/2012 - Suweisra Mohamed waves a thick dry camel bone with an assuring smile. "This is now worth lots of dollars," she says, brandishing the dense and neatly cut camel thighbone. At ...read more