- 02/03/2015 - Oliver Kekeh is Director of the Agriculture Training Centre run by the Catholic Church in Sanniquellie, the capital of Nimba County in Liberia. He guided FAO team members during their ...read more
- 16/05/2013 - The Integrated Food Security Project (IFSP) in Sudan has achieved several recent milestones in its first four months of implementation. The USD 10 million project is funded by the Canadian ...read more
- 09/05/2013 - Singing, clapping and jumping – men, women and children from the Pokot and Turkana communities celebrated the agreement between Kenya and Uganda to coordinate efforts to improve animal health in ...read more
- 08/05/2013 - In southern Zambia, the village of Sikaunzwe is abuzz with activity for the 2012/13 agricultural season. For many families in this farming community, growing crops – from maize to fruits ...read more
- 07/05/2013 - In the searing mid-morning heat, Simon Peter Oola sweats profusely as he wheels three bags of rice into a large compound, where his produce must be weighed and certified before ...read more
- 06/05/2013 - Burundi, where 90% of the population live from agriculture, is currently facing a severe food crisis. Many factors contribute to this situation, including extremely high population growth and the fragmentation ...read more
- 03/05/2013 - In a major breakthrough, researchers at the University of Arizona have identified the causative agent behind a mysterious disease that has been decimating shrimp farms in Asia. The disease, known ...read more
- 03/05/2013 - A new study estimates that famine and severe food insecurity in Somalia claimed the lives of about 258,000 people between October 2010 and April 2012, including 133,000 children under 5. ...read more
- 02/05/2013 - How Junior Farmer Field and Life Schools are nurturing leaders for today and tomorrow
Habiba Athumani, a refugee from Somalia, is a student at Angelina Jolie Girls Primary School in Kakuma, ...read more
- 30/04/2013 - FAO has assisted representatives from the governments of South Sudan and Sudan to initiate the formation of a joint veterinary protocol agreement for the control of Trans-boundary Animal Diseases (TADs).
In ...read more
- 29/04/2013 - A hydrogeological study covering north and northwestern Somalia indicates that unguided drilling of boreholes puts the country’s groundwater in jeopardy.
The report by Somalia Water and Land Information Unit (SWALIM) of ...read more