- 05/12/2016 - Emphasizing the extent of the devastating tragedy in northeast Nigeria, today the United Nations launched an appeal for USD 1 billion to respond to the biggest humanitarian crisis in Africa. ...read more
- 01/01/2015 - As South Sudan’s livestock owners have fled the ongoing conflict, millions of animals have been displaced, leading to fresh outbreaks of disease and rising tensions between pastoral groups and farmers, ...read more
- 22/12/2014 - Ten years after the world’s worst natural disaster in living memory roared across the shorelines of South and Southeast Asia, countries are better prepared to deal with tragedies like the ...read more
- 19/12/2014 - In addition to the health consequences in West Africa, the Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak has also led to various economic and social disruptions in affected and neighbouring countries.
The direct ...read more
- 16/12/2014 - The Ebola virus disease epidemic now affects four countries in West Africa – Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone and, more recently, Mali. The countries’ governments and international partners have taken significant ...read more
- 12/12/2014 - Latest indications confirm that world cereal production will reach an all-time record of more than 2.5 billion tonnes in 2014. Buoyed by bumper crops in Europe and a record maize ...read more
- 11/12/2014 - Since the outbreak of Ebola virus disease (EVD) was declared in Guinea in March 2014, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has been committed to providing ...read more