- 19/12/2014 - In addition to the health consequences in West Africa, the Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak has also led to various economic and social disruptions in affected and neighbouring countries.
The direct ...read more
- 05/06/2012 - FAO is stepping up its efforts to transform agriculture in South Sudan in 2012, boosting the number of seed fairs organized before the rainy season, expected to begin in April.
There ...read more
- 05/06/2012 - Insecurity and conflict hinder control efforts - Croplands in Niger and Mali are at imminent risk from Desert Locust swarms that are moving southward from Algeria and Libya, FAO warned ...read more
- 01/06/2012 - Smallholders key in feeding growing populations - Governments need to play a more active role in support of smallholders if they are to become productive enough to help feed a ...read more
- 01/06/2012 - Accord will help improve quality of FAO emergency assistance in priority areas - FAO and Sweden’s International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) have signed a $10.8 million Contribution Agreement aimed at ...read more
- 30/05/2012 - On the path to Rio+20, FAO calls for a future with both healthier people and healthier ecosystems - Sustainable development cannot be realized unless hunger and malnutrition are eradicated, FAO ...read more
- 21/05/2012 - FAO and Brazil look to adapt successful Programa Cozinha Brasil program overseas - FAO and Brazil's Serviço Social da Indústria (Industrial Social Services, SESI) have signed a new partnership agreement ...read more
- 18/05/2012 - By José Graziano da Silva, FAO Director-General, Kanayo F. Nwanze, IFAD President, and Ertharin Cousin, WFP Executive Director - "Agriculture is a powerful tool for reducing poverty and hunger. Events ...read more