- 17/10/2014 - The Ministry of Agriculture, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP) have initiated on 14 October 2014 a rapid assessment of ...read more
- 26/06/2011 - José Graziano da Silva of Brazil was elected Director-General of the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) today.
Graziano da Silva, who is 61, received a total of 92 votes out ...read more
- 25/06/2011 - Flanked by Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Ministers and other international dignitaries, FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf today unveiled a commemorative plaque to celebrate global freedom from rinderpest, or cattle plague, one of history's ...read more
- 21/06/2011 - A current buildup of locust populations in southwestern Madagascar could turn into a plague and seriously endanger the livelihoods of 13 million people unless a new campaign is launched to ...read more
- 25/05/2011 - The national Delegates of Members of the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) declared today that rinderpest, one of the deadliest diseases of cattle and of several other animal species, ...read more
- 21/04/2011 - Eliminating the highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza virus from poultry in the six countries where it remains endemic will take ten or more years, according to a new FAO report.
The ...read more
- 18/04/2011 - As a delicate peace takes hold in Côte d’Ivoire following months of severe political violence, the race is on to save the upcoming rice and maize planting season that begins ...read more
- 15/04/2011 - The United Nations food agencies — FAO and the World Food Programme (WFP) — have launched a food security platform to improve the coordination of food security responses in humanitarian crises.
The ...read more
- 08/03/2011 - In response to the current rise in food prices, FAO will, in partnership with stakeholders, run a series of seminars in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Central Asia, Europe, Latin ...read more