- 22/09/2016 - In Northeast Nigeria, internally displaced persons (IDPs) and host communities bear the brunt of the multiple impact of the current crisis. Most of displaced families have very limited resources to ...read more
- 02/06/2014 - Late rains and erratic weather patterns in Somalia have raised concerns over a worsening of the food security situation, as food stocks from the last, poor harvest become depleted and prices continue ...read more
- 25/05/2014 - The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) today pledged to step up their existing collaboration to control animal disease, ...read more
- 23/05/2014 - In response to recent devastating floods affecting Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia as well as Croatia, FAO is assessing the potentially extensive damage to livestock, crops and rural infrastructure. The Serbian ...read more
- 21/05/2014 - South Sudan is at a risk of famine unless humanitarian assistance is provided now, FAO Deputy Director-General for Operations Dan Gustafson told a humanitarian pledging conference for the country in Oslo.
“The food ...read more
- 20/05/2014 - Des essaims ont été à nouveau repérés autour d’Antananarivo. La population des zones infestées essaie de protéger ses cultures par des feux de brousse. En étroite collaboration avec le Gouvernement ...read more
- 20/05/2014 - On 15 May 2014 over 200 goats were vaccinated against PPR (Peste des Petit Ruminants) in Torit town, Eastern Equatoria state. The PPR vaccines are included in FAO’s emergency livestock ...read more
- 16/05/2014 - A major operation to distribute seeds and tools has been launched in the Central African Republic to support crisis-hit farming families.
This is the largest ever intervention in the country led by the ...read more
- 15/05/2014 - Drought conditions combined with continued conflict are adding pressure to an already dire food security situation in the Syrian Arab Republic, raising the prospect of further severe reductions in wheat and barley ...read more