- 15/09/2014 - Norway has donated approximately $10 million to help FAO provide conflict-affected farmers, fishers and herders in South Sudan with critical livelihood support.
Norway’s gift will allow FAO to distribute emergency livelihood kits – including crop seeds, ...read more
- 30/01/2009 - Almost all of Gaza's 13 000 families who depend on farming, herding and fishing have suffered damage to their assets during the recent conflict and many farms have been completely ...read more
- 22/01/2009 - Huge hordes of ravenous caterpillars have appeared in northern Liberia destroying crops and vegetation, sending terrified villagers fleeing from their homes, and raising the spectre of a food, health and environmental ...read more
- 13/01/2009 - A high-level delegation of European football officials and former star players representing the Professional Football Against Hunger awareness and fundraising campaign will visit FAO TeleFood projects in Cairo, Egypt on ...read more
- 23/12/2008 - Following the detection of the Ebola-Reston virus in pigs in the Philippines, FAO, the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) and the World Health Organization (WHO) announced today that the ...read more
- 22/12/2008 - Farmers, experts and development partners agree that training and capacity building are urgently needed to support efforts for improved rural production and raising livelihoods of families affected by the May ...read more
- 09/12/2008 - Another 40 million people have been pushed into hunger this year primarily due to higher food prices, according to preliminary estimates published by FAO today. This brings the overall number ...read more
- 08/12/2008 - Around 40 percent of the population of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK), an estimated 8.7 million people, mostly young children, pregnant and nursing women and the elderly, will ...read more
- 02/12/2008 - Ocean warming, frequent tropical cyclones, flash floods and droughts are likely to have a devastating impact on food production systems in Pacific island countries, FAO warned today.
Climate change-related disasters are already ...read more