- 27/10/2016 - The impact of severe El Niño-induced drought on crop production in southern Madagascar, where nearly 850 000 people are acutely food insecure, is likely to persist into 2017 and requires an ...read more
- 10/04/2014 - Farmers and herders in Sudan need urgent support to help prevent the food security situation in the country from deteriorating further, FAO warned today.
Some 3.3 million people are currently suffering from food insecurity ...read more
- 09/04/2014 - Small scale coconut farmers in the Philippines will soon receive assistance to restore their livelihoods severely affected by last year’s Typhoon Haiyan, the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization said today.
It ...read more
- 07/04/2014 - The unprecedented crisis in the Central African Republic is devastating the economy and people's ability to secure basic necessities, two United Nations food agencies said in an assessment report this week.
The Food and ...read more
- 31/03/2014 - The Government of the United Kingdom has released $13.7 million in emergency funding to FAO to help conflict-affected families in South Sudan restore their agriculture-based livelihoods and stave off an ...read more
- 27/03/2014 - FAO and Puntland authorities have launched the first database for Somali fishermen in decades aimed at improving management of fisheries in the Indian Ocean and the Gulf of Aden.
In the ...read more
- 26/03/2014 - FAO senior officials met today with a high level clerical delegation working in the Central African Republic to talk about FAO’s work in the country and how agriculture can play ...read more
- 24/03/2014 - Dominique Burgeon, Director of FAO's Emergency and Rehabilitation Division, describes his recent visit to South Sudan: "On 20 March, as part of the Emergency Directors’ Group, I had the opportunity ...read more
- 21/03/2014 - The World Bank, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the government of the Central African Republic are joining forces to help prevent a full-scale food and nutrition crisis ...read more