- 17/04/2014 - The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is warning countries to step up monitoring, reporting and prevention of one of the world’s most destructive banana diseases, Fusarium ...read more
- 30/01/2014 - During a visit to an FAO project near Tacloban, Joe Hayes, the non-resident Irish Ambassador to the Philippines applauded the resilience of the farmers and fishers whose lives and livelihoods were devastated ...read more
- 27/01/2014 - FAO in emergencies' infographic uses the latest information gathered by FAO, as well as OCHA and the Government of the Philippines on the impact of Typhoon Haiyan. Find data on ...read more
- 27/01/2014 - Coconut farmers in the Philippines are in urgent need of assistance to recover their livelihoods nearly three months after Typhoon Haiyan tore through the country, FAO warned today.
The typhoon flattened millions of ...read more
- 27/01/2014 - While travelling through Upper Andágueda Indian Reservation in the Municipality of Bagadó in Choco - Colombia, it’s easy to realize that everything is different here. Instead of large paved roads, ...read more
- 24/01/2014 - New Zealand’s Ambassador to the Philippines, Reuben Levermore, has lauded FAO’s support to displaced farming communities in the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) in the Southern Philippines.
With funding from ...read more
- 24/01/2014 - As the Government of Tonga focuses on meeting immediate needs such as shelter, water and sanitation for people affected by the recent category 5 Tropical Cyclone Ian in the islands ...read more
- 24/01/2014 - Several women farmers in Nimba, Grand Gedeh, and Maryland Counties in Liberia say they are happy with the breed of high-yielding, short-cycled, disease-resistant, and tasty rice variety which they love ...read more
- 20/01/2014 - Human infections with the influenza A (H7N9) virus are on the rise again in China and the upcoming Chinese New Year festivities provide opportunity for further spread and human exposure, ...read more
- 17/01/2014 - A new World Bank study on mobile applications for the agricultural and forest sector recognizes FAO’s expertise on mobile data collection technology for drought preparedness in Uganda. Published in December ...read more
- 16/01/2014 - Farmers in the Central African Republic, which has been immersed in violence since a coup in March 2013, urgently need more seeds and tools to avert a nationwide food crisis, ...read more