- 22/12/2016 - In the vast agricultural spread of northeastern Nigeria, violence and disruption has put the food security and livelihoods of millions of people at high risk. In order to prevent a ...read more
- 09/12/2016 - Civil conflict and weather-related shocks have severely stressed food security in 2016, increasing the number of countries in need of food assistance, according to a FAO report. The new edition ...read more
- 06/12/2016 - Southern Africa is now entering the peak of the lean season following the worst El Niño-induced drought in decades. With food stocks largely depleted due to poor or failed harvests ...read more
- 06/12/2016 - With little time to lose to secure a winter harvest in Hurricane-struck Haiti, FAO has begun emergency distributions of seeds and tools to help disaster-affected families produce food and restore ...read more
- 05/12/2016 - The Department of Agriculture (DA) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) inaugurated the country’s first Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Operations Center (DRRM) for agriculture.
Envisioned ...read more
- 05/12/2016 - Emphasizing the extent of the devastating tragedy in northeast Nigeria, today the United Nations launched an appeal for USD 1 billion to respond to the biggest humanitarian crisis in Africa. ...read more
- 02/12/2016 - Women are on the front line of the agricultural system, providing major inputs to the cultivation, processing and marketing of produce. Failing to address the inequalities and discrimination that face ...read more