- 17/04/2014 - The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is warning countries to step up monitoring, reporting and prevention of one of the world’s most destructive banana diseases, Fusarium ...read more
- 13/01/2014 - The recent violence in South Sudan is threatening to increase hunger and human suffering considerably, unravelling modest gains made in food security in the past two years, FAO warned.
Under the United Nations' Crisis ...read more
- 08/01/2014 - Two months after Typhoon Haiyan struck the Philippines, Norway's Minister of Foreign Affairs, Børge Brende, lauded FAO for its work in helping rice farmers replace devastated crops with new seeds.
Brende visited farmers ...read more
- 31/12/2013 - Despite security challenges in half of the prefectures, farmers in the Central African Republic are counting on the next agriculture season to restore their food production capacity to avoid risks of famine and ...read more
- 19/12/2013 - Control operations are continuing in Madagascar against an invasion of the Malagasy Migratory Locust, a voracious insect threatening rice and maize crops and therefore the food security and livelihoods of millions of people.
Jointly prepared by FAO and the Government ...read more
- 17/12/2013 - One month after Typhoon Haiyan struck a devastating blow to the Philippines, farmers who lost essential crops and supplies are receiving the first wave of emergency seeds, restoring hope for ...read more
- 16/12/2013 - Population growth, agricultural expansion, and the rise of globe-spanning food supply chains have dramatically altered how diseases emerge, jump species boundaries, and spread, according to an FAO report released today. ...read more
- 16/12/2013 - Farmers in the Central African Republic need urgent assistance to prevent the food security situation in the conflict-stricken country from worsening for millions of people, FAO warned today.
According to the ...read more
- 11/12/2013 - FAO calls for prompt and sustainable rebuilding of livelihoods in regions affected by Typhoon Haiyan - Philippine fishers face immense damage to the fisheries and aquaculture sectors in regions affected by Typhoon Haiyan, the UN ...read more