- 23/04/2015 - With abundant natural resources, South Sudan has enormous potential to overcome poverty and secure a prosperous future for its people. Agriculture, on which an estimated three-quarters of the population relies, ...read more
- 16/12/2014 - The Ebola virus disease epidemic now affects four countries in West Africa – Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone and, more recently, Mali. The countries’ governments and international partners have taken significant ...read more
- 12/12/2014 - Latest indications confirm that world cereal production will reach an all-time record of more than 2.5 billion tonnes in 2014.
Buoyed by bumper crops in Europe and a record maize output ...read more
- 11/12/2014 - Since the outbreak of Ebola virus disease (EVD) was declared in Guinea in March 2014, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has been committed to providing ...read more
- 09/12/2014 - Philippine farmers and fishers have felt the full force of typhoon Hagupit (locally known as Ruby) which has now swept through seven regions of the country, including the Visayas and ...read more
- 03/12/2014 - Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone, the countries hardest hit by the Ebola epidemic, will each receive $500 000 to help curb the potentially devastating impact of the disease on food security and on the livelihoods ...read more
- 02/12/2014 - In this interview, Dominique Burgeon, Director of FAO’s Emergency and Rehabilitation Division, talks about the Ebola epidemic’s threat to food security in West Africa and FAO’s efforts to help safeguard ...read more
- 02/12/2014 - Belgium has donated €5.8 million to support FAO activities that help protect agriculture-based livelihoods for food security and resilience in the face of natural disasters and human-induced crises.
The donation to ...read more
- 01/12/2014 - An outbreak of a transboundary animal disease (TAD) may have serious consequences to a country’s socio-economic wellbeing, as well as directly affect the livelihoods of its population. The best way ...read more
- 01/12/2014 - In Senegal, where food insecurity and malnutrition rates are still high in some areas, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is working with the government to ...read more
- 28/11/2014 - A US$4 million project to strengthen controls of food security threats and better manage plant and animal pests and diseases in the Southern African region was launched today in Zimbabwe’s ...read more