- 10/04/2014 - Farmers and herders in Sudan need urgent support to help prevent the food security situation in the country from deteriorating further, FAO warned today.
Some 3.3 million people are currently suffering from food insecurity ...read more
- 17/06/2009 - Because food is a basic necessity, the agriculture sector is showing more resilience to the global economic crisis than other industries. But the risks could increase if the economic downturn ...read more
- 28/05/2009 - Myanmar sign $5.2 million programme to boost long-term food security - A three-year Italian-funded FAO programme to improve the long-term food security of 32 000 poor fishing and farming families in ...read more
- 15/05/2009 - Europe remains firmly committed to help poor countries boost agricultural production, FAO said today, welcoming a historic €106 million ($144 million) donation from the European Union in support of farmers hardest ...read more
- 07/05/2009 - Following the disastrous 2005 earthquake in Pakistan, several humanitarian organizations came forward to help households who had lost their livestock to rebuild herds and flocks by providing replacement animals. But ...read more
- 30/04/2009 - With WHO raising its pandemic alert level from 4 to 5, countries worldwide are being urged to take adequate precautionary measures against the newly found A/H1N1 virus, and to be ...read more
- 27/04/2009 - The FAO-OIE Crisis Management Centre – Animal Health is mobilizing a team of experts to assist government efforts to protect the pig sector from the novel H1N1 virus by confirming ...read more
- 02/04/2009 - FAO has urged policy makers to include agriculture in negotiations for a new climate change treaty to replace the 1997 Kyoto protocol.
"Agricultural land is able to store and sequester carbon. ...read more
- 23/03/2009 - The Heads of Government of CARICOM countries as well as President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva of Brazil and President Michelle Bachelet of Chile are putting their support behind a ...read more
- 19/03/2009 - 963 million human beings are currently suffering from hunger worldwide. This dramatic trend must be reversed. The Association of European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL) and its 29 members and associate ...read more
- 04/02/2009 - Findings made during a field verification and evaluation visit by an international team of scientists led by experts from FAO and the Government of Liberia suggest that the potential threats ...read more