- 28/01/2015 - Farmers in southern Malawi urgently need seeds and livestock after intense flooding destroyed their fields and homes, washing away animals and crops and threatening local food security.
More than 170,000 people ...read more
- 28/11/2014 - Each year millions of people dependant on agriculture, forestry and fisheries are confronted by droughts, floods, plant pests or animal diseases, and conflict. When that happens, the livelihoods of communities ...read more
- 20/11/2014 - Le Directeur général de la FAO, José Graziano da Silva, a rencontré aujourd’hui Mme Marie-Noëlle Koyara, Ministre d'État chargée des travaux publics, de l’équipement et de l’aménagement du territoire de ...read more
- 12/11/2014 - FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today appointed Jacques Diouf as Special Envoy for the Horn of Africa and the Sahel.
In his new role, the former Director-General Jacques Diouf will ...read more
- 10/11/2014 - Wheat seeds, fertilizer and animal feed are starting to roll out to nearly 28,000 farming families in Iraq whose livelihoods have been left in tatters as a result of hostilities -- part of ...read more
- 07/11/2014 - One year after Typhoon Haiyan devastated coastal and farmland areas in the central Philippines, farmers and fishers are well on the road to recovery and building more resilient livelihoods. FAO, ...read more
- 31/10/2014 - After a poor rainy season, parts of southern Somalia are now being hit by severe bouts of floods, further aggravating the already alarming food security situation in the Horn of ...read more
- 29/10/2014 - Widespread looting and insecurity in the Central African Republic have taken a heavy toll on crops, livestock and fishing and is eroding the capacity of people across the country to secure sufficient food, ...read more
- 08/10/2014 - FAO today launched a new programme to urgently assist 90 000 vulnerable households in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone whose food supplies and livelihoods are threatened by the disruptive effect ...read more
- 02/10/2014 - A locust plague that spread across Madagascar threatening the main staple food crops and pasture in the country has been successfully contained, however, progress is under threat due to a ...read more