- 02/09/2014 - The gradual recovery and gains made since the end of the famine in 2012 are being lost as poor rains, conflict, trade disruptions and reduced humanitarian assistance led to a ...read more
- 09/04/2014 - Small scale coconut farmers in the Philippines will soon receive assistance to restore their livelihoods severely affected by last year’s Typhoon Haiyan, the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization said today.
It ...read more
- 07/04/2014 - The unprecedented crisis in the Central African Republic is devastating the economy and people's ability to secure basic necessities, two United Nations food agencies said in an assessment report this week.
The Food and ...read more
- 31/03/2014 - The Government of the United Kingdom has released $13.7 million in emergency funding to FAO to help conflict-affected families in South Sudan restore their agriculture-based livelihoods and stave off an ...read more
- 21/03/2014 - The World Bank, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the government of the Central African Republic are joining forces to help prevent a full-scale food and nutrition crisis ...read more
- 11/03/2014 - FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today witnessed the positive results of FAO's Typhoon Haiyan response programme and committed FAO to supporting the recovery of fishing and farming livelihoods in ...read more
- 28/02/2014 - The worsening of the food security situation in the Near East is not only caused by the structural constraints the region faces in producing enough food and an increasing dependence ...read more
- 20/02/2014 - FAO says there is no evidence that human patients infected with influenza A(H7N9), a low pathogenic virus in poultry, can transmit the virus to animals, including birds.
FAO referred to the ...read more
- 11/02/2014 - The spread of the H7N9 virus among poultry in live bird markets (LBM) in China's Guangxi Province has significantly increased the risk that it will progressively spread to other neighbouring countries of China, ...read more
- 05/02/2014 - FAO today warned of a major food security and nutrition crisis in South Sudan, where some 3.7 million people are now facing acute or emergency levels of food insecurity. The ...read more