- 29/09/2014 - FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today stressed the need for controls on animal health to help curb the spread of Ebola and other infectious diseases dangerous to humans, during ...read more
- 28/02/2014 - The worsening of the food security situation in the Near East is not only caused by the structural constraints the region faces in producing enough food and an increasing dependence ...read more
- 20/02/2014 - FAO says there is no evidence that human patients infected with influenza A(H7N9), a low pathogenic virus in poultry, can transmit the virus to animals, including birds.
FAO referred to the ...read more
- 11/02/2014 - The spread of the H7N9 virus among poultry in live bird markets (LBM) in China's Guangxi Province has significantly increased the risk that it will progressively spread to other neighbouring countries of China, ...read more
- 05/02/2014 - FAO today warned of a major food security and nutrition crisis in South Sudan, where some 3.7 million people are now facing acute or emergency levels of food insecurity. The ...read more
- 03/02/2014 - The United Nations and humanitarian partners launched a three-year Regional Strategic Response Plan to provide aid to millions of people in nine countries in Africa's Sahel region. The plan seeks ...read more
- 27/01/2014 - Coconut farmers in the Philippines are in urgent need of assistance to recover their livelihoods nearly three months after Typhoon Haiyan tore through the country, FAO warned today.
The typhoon flattened millions of ...read more
- 20/01/2014 - Human infections with the influenza A (H7N9) virus are on the rise again in China and the upcoming Chinese New Year festivities provide opportunity for further spread and human exposure, ...read more
- 16/01/2014 - Farmers in the Central African Republic, which has been immersed in violence since a coup in March 2013, urgently need more seeds and tools to avert a nationwide food crisis, ...read more
- 13/01/2014 - The recent violence in South Sudan is threatening to increase hunger and human suffering considerably, unravelling modest gains made in food security in the past two years, FAO warned.
Under the United Nations' Crisis ...read more