- 28/01/2015 - Mr Dominique Burgeon, Director of FAO's Emergency and Rehabilitation Division and Coordinator of the Organizations's resilience work, visited South Sudan from 15-20 January 2015.
[View the story "FAO Emergency Director field ...read more
- 22/08/2013 - Cassava production is under threat as two viruses are raging through the fields of small-scale farmers in East and Central Africa. The Regional Cassava Initiative, coordinated by FAO, helped build ...read more
- 20/08/2013 - To cope with recurrent drought and climate variability, pastoralists in Karamoja – a semi-arid region of Uganda – harvest grass to make hay, which they store and feed to their ...read more
- 14/08/2013 - Vulnerable agro pastoral communities in the semi arid region of Karamoja in Uganda have resorted to cereal banking as a coping mechanism to their food security threats.
The idea of introducing ...read more
- 13/08/2013 - Upholding cassava's potential in Africa: 10 - 12 September 2013
During the course of the last decade, cassava production in East and Central Africa has been hampered by Cassava Mosaic Disease ...read more
- 31/07/2013 - Junior Farmer Field and Life Schools (JFFLS) are a simple methodology for teaching vulnerable children and young people about farming, entrepreneurial skills and how to take care of themselves. These ...read more
- 26/07/2013 - To promote the equal rights, but different needs of women, FAO has been supporting women’s cooperatives that manufacture cottage industry products across the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Under the ...read more
- 17/07/2013 - “We are very happy with conservation agriculture and we try to convince other farmers to join the team!” In the village of Marakabei, in the Butha-Buthe district of Lesotho, five ...read more
- 15/07/2013 - Bago Dety Hontace, Gboh Alphonse, and Lamy Benel Aubin are all Ivorian refugees living and farming in Bahn Camp, Nimba County - Liberia, who have benefitted from a vegetable production ...read more
- 08/07/2013 - Saclepea-Mahn’s District Agriculture Officer (DAO), Ben K. Saye, has applauded the high level of collaboration and team spirit subsisting in Liberia between the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United ...read more
- 01/07/2013 - Spreading from Kenya across the rest of East and Central Africa, the Maize Lethal Necrosis Disease (MLND) is a serious risk to food security in the region. Small-scale farmers like ...read more